this may help people having trouble getting au fun to work

geecam

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive had trouble getting a 4001 box on nthell with an au fun and an au atmega to work since the last big update.
i had went through all the posts and all the files trying to get it to work.
even the files that i eventualy got it to work with would not work.....until i decided to pull the red jumper...i didnt short it out but left it with jumper off for about 10 mins. i then put jumper back and booted into engineers menu and reset frequecy and password. i then tried card again with the files below that were posted by maggs....the rar file is called updating funcard files..inside the rar there are 2 folders the files i used were in the folder called

STUFF TO PROGRAM A FUNCARD TO AUTO UPDATE

not the 1 named

LATEST STUFF TO PROGRAM A FUNCARD TO AUTO UPDATE

there is instruction in the folder also

after i did this my atmega worked no problem first time aswell

the fun did take about 10 mins to update but after that all was well

[http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20574&d=1164120348[/URL]

i hope this post will help someone

geecam

I really dont know why people are strugling so much with these cards ! all the files are in the downloads and they all work (well mine and ices do) just follow the tuts

I really dont know why people are strugling so much with these cards ! all the files are in the downloads and they all work (well mine and ices do) just follow the tuts

i understand that all the files and tut are there....that wasnt the problem there was obviously something wrong with the box

its not as if i hadnt done 1 before, it was just on this ocassion the f*** factor was involved

geecam

i understand that all the files and tut are there....that wasnt the problem there was obviously something wrong with the box

its not as if i hadnt done 1 before, it was just on this ocassion the f*** factor was involved

geecam

more than half the time its the proggram not writing

fun cards or so easy to do and all the info and files are in the downloads

the card that eventually worked was a card already written before i did the reset. it was definetly not a programming error as the atmega that was also done before reset also started working

geecam

I wasn't questioning your ability to program geecam merely stating that i have seen numerous posts from people saying they are having trouble with aufuns and atmegas and cant understand why .When the moscs went down i programmed a fun for the living room and an atmega for the dining room and an opos for the bedroom and all worked first time . I can only assume its down to some people using cheap programmers or v3 on the funcards but i'm glad you have got it sorted and hope your comments may help others in your situation

I wasn't questioning your ability to program geecam merely stating that i have seen numerous posts from people saying they are having trouble with aufuns and atmegas and cant understand why .When the moscs went down i programmed a fun for the living room and an atmega for the dining room and an opos for the bedroom and all worked first time . I can only assume its down to some people using cheap programmers or v3 on the funcards but i'm glad you have got it sorted and hope your comments may help others in your situation

yeah thanks charlie...ill give you that, i was starting to think i was missing something...and as you say , i m glad that i got it going.....eventually.

cheers mate

geecam

i have tried yours charlie i have tried ice's tut but they wont have it cant get a fun card working at all doing me head in lol. got a tit 1 working ok but funs are really not having it nt*pure by the way :)

Focus i'm ntl pure i dont know what you are doing but when the moscs went down i did a fun for my living room one for my sister one for my brother one for my mate and everyone works .I know that if i do a fun for my bedroom one now ,it will work!! are you using the v2 files mate ?

charlie m8 i have tried v1 to v3 and all the others wont have it. i thouhgt i was using the wrong bk or ird but no keep checked and checked getting smartcard registration error, all the bks and irds are right boths ways i have tried as bin file or hex i am amazed to say i have probably read all post on this, and still cant get it working i got a uniplat platform programmer which i have programmed funcards before and had working but for some reason it wont have it????????????

i'm going to bed soon but if your on tomorrow i'll try and talk you through it mate there shouldn't be a problem

@ focus....i was getting the smart card error in engineer menu, but what i said above did clear it.....u should give it a go

geecam

Did you get "mute err" in engineers menu? And get a box saying the smart card isnt inserted correctly. Thats what Im getting on the box in my computer room but the same files worked fine on the boxes in my living room and bedroom. Both with funs and atmegas.

Did you get "mute err" in engineers menu? And get a box saying the smart card isnt inserted correctly. Thats what Im getting on the box in my computer room but the same files worked fine on the boxes in my living room and bedroom. Both with funs and atmegas.

no i got waiting and no t stream

geecam

Back