This is a live conversation i had with www.r4i.co.uk

Koolie

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is a conversation i had with r4i.co.uk
Is this operator talking out of his bum?
------------------------------------------------------------
Chat InformationWelcome to Live Chat. One of our operators will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Kelsey'

Kelsey: Welcome to Live Chat. How can we help?

you: Hiya Kelsey, i was wondering about the AceKard2i cards....are they compatible with the latest 1.4 version on the DSi

Kelsey: no

you: can they be upgraded to be compatible?

Kelsey: no they cannot

you: so they're a waste of time?

Kelsey: not really becuase not everyone has updated there dsi

you: ok, but the DSi i've just purchased already has the 1.4 version on it, can the firmware be upgraded on the acekard 2i card to a suitable version to run on 1.4 ?

Kelsey: no all you need is an r4i card

you: ohhh ok, i head they're not all that good.

Kelsey: They work great same as an r4 card or acekard

you: so the r4i cards you sell are compatible with version 1.4 right out the box?

Kelsey: I will be right with you.

you: ok

Kelsey: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Kelsey: yes once software from our website has been downloaded

you: ok.... that's for the r4i card right, and the acekard2i firmware cannot be upgraded to work with the dsi on version 1.4?

Kelsey: no it cannot be

you: ok thanks man.

Kelsey: Thank you for using our Live Chat, if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

You may also leave feedback by clicking where it says "Close X" in the top right hand corner of this window.

Last edited:
acekard 2i CAN be upgraded to run on 1.4

you will need access to either a pre 1.4 DSi or any DSlite to run the upgrade though.
only takes 30 seconds.

awright there mate,,,i have recently purchased the acekard2i
and im getting a new dsi,,,noticed you where talking about updating the firmware and i presume i will have to do the same ,,,any ideas how to go about this ----cheers

acekard 2i CAN be upgraded to run on 1.4

you will need access to either a pre 1.4 DSi or any DSlite to run the upgrade though.
only takes 30 seconds.

That's exactly what i thought bud...i was trying to emphasize precisely my predicament, i just don't understand why he said what he said. Are the r4i website stocking fake acekard cards, or do they have a deal with the r4 group??

Very strange to work as an operator supplying advice and give false advice on the very products they should know about.

awright there mate,,,i have recently purchased the acekard2i
and im getting a new dsi,,,noticed you where talking about updating the firmware and i presume i will have to do the same ,,,any ideas how to go about this ----cheers

hXXp://www.articlesbase.com/computer-games-articles/the-complete-and-stepbystep-idiots-guide-for-updating-acekard-2i-firmware-fix-for-dsi-firmware-14-1143017.html

i've just bought a acekard 2i and my girls got a ds lite.i've been on the website but im unsure which and what files im meant to be downloading to make games run.whats the latest fw i need ?.

Back