Thinking of one of these..

fta101

Inactive User
Reaction score
I currently use a DM800, for channels. I use a download of lykra motor settings (I think). Then I use dreambox edit, to ftp and sort a little, then ftp back.

I am used to the DM800 and like this method of sorting my channels.

Now, with the VU+, I see all this talk about scanning thousands of channels, and can't really be doing with all that.

Do we have a similar method with the Duo+, and what PC software do we cave to connect and ftp/sort???

Thanks in advance..

I currently use a DM800, for channels. I use a download of lykra motor settings (I think). Then I use dreambox edit, to ftp and sort a little, then ftp back.

I am used to the DM800 and like this method of sorting my channels.

Now, with the VU+, I see all this talk about scanning thousands of channels, and can't really be doing with all that.

Do we have a similar method with the Duo+, and what PC software do we cave to connect and ftp/sort???

Thanks in advance..

dreambox edit mate, works a treat with the Vu+ Duo :)

I take it these can not stream to a PC like I can with the DM800 ??

yes they absolutely can, i have seen one guy stream 6 channels while still able to watch the tv.

Last edited:
I take it these can not stream to a PC like I can with the DM800 ??

mate these things do everything the dm800 does ..
PLUS miles more...
highlights for me are..epg..timeshift..and recording its flawless.

Went for the DM800 in the end, basically, as the other is £370 and can’t guarantee it will be here before the Everton match on Saturday.

And the cheapy one (openbox S9) is a ball ache to set and sort the 4000 channels after scanning.

I already have the config’s and backup’s from my old DM800 so I just have to FTP them back to the box.. I am used to it, so are the family and the web streaming works with no issues.

It will be here tomorrow.

Not sure I can justify the extra £210 as I don't need the 2nd tuner and would not use it... :|

Thanks for the advice guys..

solo is 100 quid cheaper than the duo with single tuner .......

Yeah, but the DM800 is another £100 cheaper for the same OS.

Lets just hope I get a good DM800 now, they must of sorted the issues out by now..??

FTA101 I dont understand why you bothered starting this thread. You should have given the Qbox hd mini some consideration.

FTA101 I dont understand why you bothered starting this thread. You should have given the Qbox hd mini some consideration.

i would have bought one of them....if it was linux .
still may get one to play with yet.

It is linux LOL I have one it`s surprisingly good for the money.

i only had a quick read over it...
they do look decent , couldnt get my head around the softcam support and the radar version.
i will get one , look well worth the money .
cheers :Clap:

I did not to be honest, but the little I did, was dismissed due to support to be honest, and I needed confirmed next day which I could not find for one of these.. :(

Actually.. I have just had a good look at the qbox, and it looks great..

Only concern would be the cpu speed and the talk about demands on cpu with new possible future encryption..

Very nice looking box..

Back