iPhone thinking of getting one...

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
....however, ive been reading a wee bit about it. how does the internet work free on it? i dont get how you get internet free.

Its something O2 provides as part of the tariff - or it could be a reference to the wifi capability of the phone.

If you really want to get one, at least wait untill january. Apple often announces its new products during the new year, so there could be something intersting coming, like a nano iphone

which one you looking to get ?

New one or the 2G one ?

paug or contract ?

It's all linked to your sim, if you take your sim out and use another one you get raped on charges.

You get free unlimited web browsing on your contract and when you find a O2 hot spot it detects you have an iphone and logs you on without the need to pay.

Don't know how, all you need to know is it just does.

Speeds are pretty decent, even on EDGE I get decent speed on email checks etc, GPRS can be a touch slow but rarely am I relegated that low.

This is obviously only if you have a contract, if you buy one second hand you can get some form of SIM adapter which lets you connect at 3G speeds but obviously you will pay for it whatever your provider charges. Personally don't see the point in getting one without a contract but hey ho

You can crack it, it's called jailbreak but has nothing to do with the internet, that's all free if you jailbreak or not. Jailbreak simply allows you to install 3rd party apps

if you are getting a one on conract, read the link below mate,

Cheapest iPhone

regards

sw!tch

Indeed, quidco will give you £45 cashback if you buy online.

Have to say most people I know have done the £45 tariff and will downgrade at 9 months, more than anything, don' have to shall out the £100 up front

You get free unlimited web browsing on your contract and when you find a O2 hot spot it detects you have an iphone and logs you on without the need to pay.

Don't know how, all you need to know is it just does.

s

you get access to "the cloud" bt wifi for free

i come from a world of a windows based pda.

look at getting the iphone or a the htc touch pro,

quick question if i could, can i get office and outlook as standard on the iphone?

also im already with o2 so will i get the edge service auto? ive got bolt on internet.

thanks

:)

i come from a world of a windows based pda.

look at getting the iphone or a the htc touch pro,

quick question if i could, can i get office and outlook as standard on the iphone?

also im already with o2 so will i get the edge service auto? ive got bolt on internet.

thanks

:)

If you get an iphone on contract you get a whole new contract. o2 pay of the rest of your outstanding contract (so long as you;re within your upgrade period) and they send you a new sim etc, ONLY that sim is eligible for the free internet etc if you stick the sim in another phone you DO NOT get the internet, if you stick another o2 sim in the iphone - you get charged - EVEN if it had a bolt on package.

You can def get office from Cydia, I'm sure there must be an app on the app store mind. No outlook, it uses the inbuilt email or you can download m-box mail if you use hotmail.

hope this helps

Just got one.
Not so easy to handle at first.

The hardest part I found was getting used to the keyboard but that took me about a day so get over. There is a full landscape keyboard for SMS and email available from Cydia, that may help if you find it a prob.

First thing I would do after activation is jailbreak and mipatch it and get some decent apps on there, makes the whole experience a tonne better.

And contrary to an earlier post I made, I've been won round by Winterboard, the latest release does not seem to slow the phone done anywhere near as much as previous versions and a customised iphone looks great.

Don't forget, any help / questions just post em, always happy to help

Last edited:
Back