thinking of getting dm800 (clone) -Questions

12qw

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ii am thinking of getting a dm800 clone as i cant afford the real one.

I have a diablo cam2 and cas 3 programmer. Is there any point in me holding on to them if i get the dm800? Can they be used with the dm800 for anything, repairing it perhaps..?? Can the cam do anything that a dm800 can't?

Where in the uk should i buy the dm 800 from? I have read to avoid satronics, and from my own past experience i will not touch sms.

I hear that the new original dm800, the 800se with faster processor etc will hit the shops on 15th Nov. Anyone got any ideas when the clone manufacturers will come out with their own 800se clones? I mean are we talking weeks, months, or even say 6 to 12 months before the clone dm800se's .

I also see that there is a new tuner, rev M, out now. Should i be looking for clones which have this tuner revision in preference to the L tuner or does it not make too much of a difference, as the new tuner clone version are more expensive than the L tuner versions by about £30.

What about the Ferrari sim version of the dm800 clone? I'm sorry but i don't understand what it does - even after i have been to their website. Is this version of the dm800 any better than a non-ferrari sim dm800 clone? as i understand it, it is a sim that is inside the dm800, but what does it do that is different to other dm800's with their own sim's???

Price - can i get a decent clone around the £160 mark (L tuner) or if the new tuner is worth it should i pay extra for it?

Sorry for all the dumb ass questions. I just want to avoid what happened when i bought my Technomate tm6900HD combo. Two weeks later the bloody super version came out.

Gutted.

Thanks,
12qw

There is a SIM card in all DM800's clone or original. It's a DM security measure in original boxes.
New Clones generally have either SIM 2.01 or a Ferarri SIM, there is no real difference or benefit between them, SIM 2.01 seem to be better supported though..they were the 1st to release patched bootlaoders to allow original images to be run etc.
Also SIM 2.01 based clones have heatsink and Fan installed, Ferarri clones dont seem to have this.

For a UK supplier expect to pay 180 quid + delivery . From China you can source for 150 ish delivered depending on exchange rates.

I havent seen any reviews on Rev M tuners yet..they are very new to the market. As you probably already know...some clone tuners are suspect to HD channel glitches including L3, earlier tuners J/K can apprently be modded to resolve the issue, I dont believe L3 has any mods that can be carried out..However a inline amplifier resolves issues in most cases on the newer clones.

Dont think you'll see a DM800SE clone very soon, considering the originals havent even hot the shelves yet...

My mate has just got a dm800hd from primusat. He only ordered it on Sunday. Not set it up yet so not sure on the quality. Their boxes run on the ferrari sim not 2.01 which I'm told doesn't have a fan, but again not sure on how necessary this is.
Think the box was £179 and when you get to the final bit of checkout they stick £9 on for delivery. But can't grumble at the speed it's arrived.
Wizbit77

I have bought two dm800,s both with the ferrari sim, both times from Primusat, one is about three months old and the other i bought about a fortnight ago. They are really good quality in my opinion, as has been said they don't come with a heatsink or fan, I use usb notebook coolers. At the moment i don't think there is much difference between sim 2.01 and the ferrari sim. supposedly sim 2.01 is not upgradable in the box and the ferrari sim is but that could be propaganda, who actually knows??? I have seen a picture of this new revision m tuner and it look's like the rev j/K tuners with an extra capacitor on it, just like the fix you get for the rev j/k ones. I also saw a report on the rev m version saying it stopped the glitching but it was by a seller!!

I don't think the rev M tuner box is worth an extra £30 i think thats a con, a lot of people are happy with the sim 2.01 rev L box

Last edited:
Thanks everyone who has replied.

I am more enclined to get my dm800 from primusat after your recommendations.

Just wondering what kind of motorised dish people are using with their dm800 clones. I have a 1metre dish with a technomate tm2600 motor and am worried that the dm800 will not have enough juice to drive it properly.???

Thanks everyone who has replied.

I am more enclined to get my dm800 from primusat after your recommendations.

Just wondering what kind of motorised dish people are using with their dm800 clones. I have a 1metre dish with a technomate tm2600 motor and am worried that the dm800 will not have enough juice to drive it properly.???

I have a 1 metre orbital dish with tm 2600 motor, just like you, and they drive the dish no problem.

Back