Thinking of creating a website

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking to setup a website from scratch. Its not going to be a forum or anything, its just going to be a website offering some services. Firstly where do I get the web address from, and what should I look for.

Next I would need some help designing the website as my html is limited at best.

Its going to be a console mod website, offering mods of Xbox, PS3, PSP and repairs and such. All advice is welcomed.

If you're just looking to get it setup and running as quickly ans cheaply as possible, just sign up for a wordpress account and start tweeking and uploading today.

Otherwise, you would have to look at hosting costs. You can buy your own domain name from 123-reg, as premprop says and link that to your free wordpress account.

they also have a section on reg-123 once you have purchased your domain to help you start building your site(very limited i think tho)

cheers.

If you're just looking to get it setup and running as quickly ans cheaply as possible, just sign up for a wordpress account and start tweeking and uploading today.

Otherwise, you would have to look at hosting costs. You can buy your own domain name from 123-reg, as premprop says and link that to your free wordpress account.

What you mean hosting costs? Surely once the domain is bought then its hosted?

What you mean hosting costs? Surely once the domain is bought then its hosted?

lol, no that's just the name, you have to pay someone the privillage to house the website on a server so it can serve the site to all on the internet mate... You might have a simcard with your number on it (think of this as akin to your domain name) but then you have to take a contract service out with someone so you can make and receive calls, this is akin to your hosting... I pay £80 a year...

Back