These difficult to replace?

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..got advisory on mot ..these difficult to replace..got everything I need ..Jack, axle stands, spanners..thought I'd save a few quid..? Rear brake pads replaced..ignore that bit..bro done it for me..👍should have asked him to replace linkages but forgot 🤪

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230808_172605_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808_172605_Chrome.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230808_171724_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808_171724_Chrome.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 21
I would be wire brushing them first to clean rust off and wd40 , i see the centre of those drop links are Allen keys or Torx so you will need something to hold it with.
Odd time you might need grinder and goggles.

Doddle m8 seriously, eBay pair for £10.
Jack car up,
wheel off,
WD40 the old anti roll nuts let it soak 15minutes,

Then with an Allen key and spanner / socket unloosen the nuts but don't remove them, your just cracking the old rust on them while the anti roll bars are under tension.

Then with a 2nd jack jack up right under the back of the disc brake to compress the main strut suspension spring.
You'll see the anti roll bar start to loosen and line up,
Once you see it line up and slacken off finish off undoing both nuts on the old roll bar
Replace with new
Tighten up with Allan key and spanner

Lower jack off back of brake disc
Wheel on
Finished

If i see you with a black eye , we know you pulled it too much and it smacked you.
Push over pull if you can.

Picked up my links from gsf car parts..hopefully have a go weekend but just dreading putting axle stands under my golf..and working on the roadside, just so many crazy idiot drivers 😑 😫

Picked up my links from gsf car parts..hopefully have a go weekend but just dreading putting axle stands under my golf..and working on the roadside, just so many crazy idiot drivers 😑 😫
I wouldn't seriously, have you no family or m8s with a driveway for a few hours ?. I'd drive to some car park before I'd do them on a busy road.
Even a quite side st is better than nothing

Quiet side street ? be charged with robbing the car , dont forget to use something under car and not car jack . Concrete blocks can shatter and we used to put wheel under the body when on a 4 poster ramp for safety. Remember shins damage easily , but worse if car lands on them.

Get some jack stands Screwfix Toolstation and throw the tyre back under the car

I forgot to mention don't fit the right unit to the left hand or you will have shocking issues .
How are the Eyes , knuckles , nuts , legs and ass and trousers.:confused::confused:o_O

Aye all done guys ..had no problems removing them...pretty straight forward really only problem my cheap ratchet only tightens the nut, wouldn't unscrew the nut, had to borrow one. Took about 40 minutes in total , done one on kerbside and turned car around to do the other..all good.👍🙂

Back