The way you-tubers get paid

river4ever

river4ever
Reaction score
Came across this on youtube and thought it interesting. Fella in video below is not really that big but does have a brave amount of videos and subscribers. I knew there is money to be made from youtube, but did not know it was as much.
Certainly worth a watch as he gives his honest experience of what he earned and does go into detail about it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its becoming crazy. Youtube are now paying gamers millions of pounds to leave twitch and move over to youtube. I have always loved youtube for the vast amount of content on many many topics, when i started using youtube at the start your upload content was capped to maximum of 10 minutes per video. LOL
What i was surprised to hear in his video is, you can not put adverts in your videos if it under 10 minutes and a company that he gives 10% of income to so they fight his corner for copyright infringement.

Its becoming crazy. Youtube are now paying gamers millions of pounds to leave twitch and move over to youtube. I have always loved youtube for the vast amount of content on many many topics, when i started using youtube at the start your upload content was capped to maximum of 10 minutes per video. LOL
What i was surprised to hear in his video is, you can not put adverts in your videos if it under 10 minutes and a company that he gives 10% of income to so they fight his corner for copyright infringement.

Yes, videos have to be ten minutes or more for adverts.

Just use uBlock, never an advert I have seen :).

Back