The Mice thread NOT WASPS

K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Rather silly question but its been otching for weeks .. since summer started.

Lately since summer ive been catching my cocker spaniel running around the garden with mice head in its mouth.

We find 2-3 mice in our garden every morning. Theyre field mice btw.

Anyway we have a cat but its not allowed out at night as its been attacked by the foxes living over my back fench (theres 4)

My silly question is do foxes chase and catch mice?? i mean are they quick enough to catch them.. or is there another explanation for this??

I find heads and bits of bodies everyday.. at night i hear the foxes cryin they do it all night.. but yesterday seeing a field mouses head in my dogs mouth made me think about it..

Btw it was pretty, the eyes wernt in their sockets.. they look cute when theyre dead.. lol

ps im sure jimmyq will have some sick and weird post for this so whatever he says i didnt do it lol.

Its usually a cat that part eats mice once they have played with them, a fox wouldnt leave any trace as they would eat the lot. YUK

Dogs would eat them too given the chance unlike mine she would just bring them to me..

reddevil said:
Dogs would eat them too given the chance unlike mine she would just bring them to me..

i found one in my dogs basket.. i wish i didnt live backing onto a field lol. the foxes piss me off at night with there screaming.. i saw 4 cubs the other week i cudnt get my fone camera close enough to catch them.. and i didnt want to move to get the proper camera incase they ran.

if the foxes are quick enough to catcha cat then you'd assume they have the legs to go after a mouse as well.....

Yeah.. i suppose..

I woke up one night for no particular reason.. went downstairs and thought ill go have a ciggy.. so i went outside like i do because i dont smoke in the house.. and this fox has my cat pinned down.. the fox saw me and then carried on havin a go at my cat.. i walked over and still didnt budge.. when i got to close it went .. but walked off and didnt run.. weired fox lol wasnt even scared of me :)So people smoking saves lives.. :) just not mine lol

My mate had a few rabbits as pets. One of them escaped from the hutch one evening and couldn't be found for over a week, during this week they founds tuffs of the rabbits coat everywhere around the garden. They thought the rabbit was no more, but one night they spotted it being attacked by a fox and getting away. Bloody fox had ripped modst of the rabbits coat to shreds.

Nasty buggers they are!

Kalipo said:
i found one in my dogs basket.. i wish i didnt live backing onto a field lol. the foxes piss me off at night with there screaming.. i saw 4 cubs the other week i cudnt get my fone camera close enough to catch them.. and i didnt want to move to get the proper camera incase they ran.

what you trying to catch them on your phone for?

its an air rifle you want mate....lol

Back