The Human Centipede II banned from UK release

When i was young in the 80's i used to be a video nasty fan, don't get me wrong, i wasn't getting any sexual gratification or pleasure from them it was more a case of morbid curiosity and sort of a challenge to confront your fear.
As i grew up and had pretty much seen most of them and concluded that you can't really see any more gore than (Cannibal Hollocaust) pulling someones intestings out of em and had the missfortune of watching the original (Last House on the Left) which is one sick story all round, i then concluded that i'd seen the worst of the morbidness there was no other reson to watch them unless i was enjoying the nastyness which would make me a Psychopath.
These films are made by the sick and for the sick. ;)
The youngsters where i work can't get enough of it. They had some internet footage of some poor fellow in a woods in Russia getting his face smashed in with a hammer and they enjoyed it?? What the fcuk is wrong with these people? Thats someones son/brother/father.

P.S. i didn't watch the video

like you say, it's morbid curiosity. However, peoples torrerences become higher once the bar is raised, hence why stuff WE watched as a kid might seem tame now to the younger generatation where all sorts of videos can be found on the web. i must admit, i'm interested to see this sort of stuff - but as i've got older i've lost my stomach for that sort of thing, turned into a right wimp!

that russian hammer film, i think it's 2 men 1 hammer is it's tagline, they were arrested and sent to prison

like you say, it's morbid curiosity. However, peoples torrerences become higher once the bar is raised, hence why stuff WE watched as a kid might seem tame now to the younger generatation where all sorts of videos can be found on the web. i must admit, i'm interested to see this sort of stuff - but as i've got older i've lost my stomach for that sort of thing, turned into a right wimp!

that russian hammer film, i think it's 2 men 1 hammer is it's tagline, they were arrested and sent to prison

They should have been gassed!

Do you think as peoples tollerences become higher due to all this easily available sick footage that violence has become more prevalent?

Bring back Mary Whtehouse! lol

P.S. Same here, lost my stomach too, it repulses me now. I think we've just wised up and seen it for what it really is (sick nonsense) :)

Last edited:
i think that as it's become more widely available (due to the internet) and due to societies general liberal attitutdes to censorship (u can now hear 'fcuk' used within minutes of the 9pm watershed) , people just become more de-sensitised (SP?) towards it.

I'm no prude and i'm only in my mid 30's but it's much different to say 20 years ago - I remember hearing Shaun Rider using the f-word on "the Word" for the first time and couldn't believe it! Now, it's common place and no-one bats an eye lid. when i was younger, i'd watch anything - and a few things i regretted. Now, i'm interested by realise that i probably SHOULDN'T see it, for my own well being.

lol

i think that as it's become more widely available (due to the internet) and due to societies general liberal attitutdes to censorship (u can now hear 'fcuk' used within minutes of the 9pm watershed) , people just become more de-sensitised (SP?) towards it.

I'm no prude and i'm only in my mid 30's but it's much different to say 20 years ago - I remember hearing Shaun Rider using the f-word on "the Word" for the first time and couldn't believe it! Now, it's common place and no-one bats an eye lid. when i was younger, i'd watch anything - and a few things i regretted. Now, i'm interested by realise that i probably SHOULDN'T see it, for my own well being.

lol

Lol, i think we've just learned to controll our morbid curiousity by good judgement. I mean, after all, when someone describes to me a horrific clip, i don't need to see it as my imagination does the job.

I grew up in the 70's 80's and if you heard Fcuk on a late film it was the talk of the school yard the next morning and if you saw a bit of nipple, well you couldn't believe your luck. lol, the closest you got to blood was in a western and you'd see a red circle by the victims heart.

Then along came Channel4 lol

it is now available to download on iptorrents, i'm sure it will be everywhere by now. Fill yer boots

its the edited version thats floating about..

but on the subject of being desensitized which do you think leads the way film reflecting society or society acting out whats on film,

im a gorehound always have-been,but for the fake stuff-3 guy1 hammer sickened me,as have many real life images,but i think its films that reflact societys attitudes rather than the other way,movie companys want to make money so you would imagine they go with whats popular--like right now a popular movie amoung young girls is asking them which they would prefer bestiality or necrophillia (twilight)

but the general media is much worse,
we have internet security,net nanny type software to stop our kids from being harmed,but if they want real grue then they just need to watch the news or get a newspaper--as proven this week,we have all seen gaddafi being killed this week,and some of us will have seen him buggered with a pipe or something-this doesnt have to be tracked down like the serious gore movies,--any mainstream news channel has shown the footage,

ot as for this film-i really think the"nasty"stuff has been edited because ive seen much worse than this on film,most certainly not what its made out to be,and black and white makes it lose a lot of its impact too

Back