@ the doom n gloom non owners

@gsmtech
How many times have original TM800 recievers had to go back to factory, once when there were overheating issues and no internal fans, twice when there were JTAG updates...so actually more downtime than Clone DM800's where A simple tuner swap can be done in your own home....

I was only aware of 1 JTAG update myself,

At 1st I thought you were saying twice as in the JTAG was the second but but you do say updates which means more than one or gives the impression of it to me anyway.

If you are pushing the truth on something I have knowledge of then I have to suspect that you are exaggerating about other things.

I think you will find that when dm800's are mentioned they are not talking about the clones they are talking about the original boxes when they 1st came out, I remember the dm500hd had issues, i'm sure if I dig I can find issues with the original dm800 software as well.

The main software company for pc's has made a living from releasing unfinished software so it's hardly unusual.

I have been very vocal in my attacks on this box but it now does what I require albiet a year later than I would have liked.

You seem as desperate to knock the box as dr linux is to promote it, even got you pushing to truth or misleading to do it.

Rickie can you tell me what has improved can you list the improvements, I swear to you I am not trying to start a slaging match or anything like that but in truth what are the improvements.

Ok Quickley - forget about UR branded releases

Lets look at the IQ image: (from Memory) which from day one were better than previous images

31/05 - Released with media player disabled - also did green screen in certain areas - Seagate's working fine - In general a usable image
16/06 - Multi Media was working although only 95% finished - green screen problem resolved - NO BACKWARD STEPS
24/06 - problem with chanel xml fixed (some channels going funny after time) - again problem resolved with NO BACKWARD STEPS

The point I am trying to make is, unlike the UR branded releases where an image was released then the next one would solve something and disable something else, the pattern of the "IQ" branded is different they do appear to be curing problems without screwing something else up.

Only smarties have the answer to wether UR and IQ are related in anyway, but on proven success from the "IQ" team i would guess not.

This being the case we have to understand that the "IQ" guys have only been on the project for only one month and have come on leaps and bounds during that time.

Lets see what the next official release brings

Ok Quickley - forget about UR branded releases

Lets look at the IQ image: (from Memory) which from day one were better than previous images

31/05 - Released with media player disabled - also did green screen in certain areas - Seagate's working fine - In general a usable image
16/06 - Multi Media was working although only 95% finished -I would say 50% green screen problem resolved - NO BACKWARD STEPS
24/06 - problem with chanel xml fixed (some channels going funny after time)did we really need a new release for this - again problem resolved with NO BACKWARD STEPS

Ok points taken but they are baby steps, I will have to take the word of people who know about coding that things are looking better, but from a very experienced end user the changes are minimul

Glad you bought up the point minimal - because in actual fact they may not be as minimal as you think

There is no point having a all singing all dancing box, then have some minor glitches that can cause it to freeze or crash

I am actually a believer that sort the basics out first, then the rest will follow

I have a few hours spare tonight, and I am going to reload the 24/6 image.

I am already aware that certain channel lists are causing problems, which I am going to report direct and hopefully will be a fix in the next release.

I personally have not seen a green green on the 24/06 image, but I am not saying they dont happen so if you could tell me how I could recreate this I will try that aswell and see how we get on.

as for the pause, rewind etc I am not even going to start on untill the image at is current progress is 100% which means sorting out the niggles without going backwards.

One thing I have noticed is there is now constitacy with the problem we getting if the box is in the same state - ie no plugins or same plugins - channel lists etc

which I am hoping will make it easier for the teams to sort.

anyway let me know how to get green screen, and I will give it a bash - I will then email tech support and ask them to get sorted

Rickie when the new release came out yesterday and a big thank you to that team for stepping up to the plate, from what I read they seem to be the good guys. Before I loaded the alllsats image I done a full factory reset, the image on at the time was the 24/06 release with all the plugins added, digis panel cool tv etc, I had Rats bouquet on which I love. When I done the factory reset it said restarting enigma then after a couple of minutes I got the green screen with the crash log.
I dont mind these sort of things as its a hobby for me, but I would like to sell this box to some of my customers but could not in its current state as I would have more call backs than I could handle. PS my wife hates it.

Glad you bought up the point minimal - because in actual fact they may not be as minimal as you think

There is no point having a all singing all dancing box, then have some minor glitches that can cause it to freeze or crash

I am actually a believer that sort the basics out first, then the rest will follow

I have a few hours spare tonight, and I am going to reload the 24/6 image.

I am already aware that certain channel lists are causing problems, which I am going to report direct and hopefully will be a fix in the next release.

I personally have not seen a green green on the 24/06 image, but I am not saying they dont happen so if you could tell me how I could recreate this I will try that aswell and see how we get on.

as for the pause, rewind etc I am not even going to start on untill the image at is current progress is 100% which means sorting out the niggles without going backwards.

One thing I have noticed is there is now constitacy with the problem we getting if the box is in the same state - ie no plugins or same plugins - channel lists etc

which I am hoping will make it easier for the teams to sort.

anyway let me know how to get green screen, and I will give it a bash - I will then email tech support and ask them to get sorted

You mean basics like full correct PVR behaviour which is primary more imoportant feature ..instead of secondary things like media player.... :) I hope TM are paying you Beta Tester wages ... or giving you some freebie Fanboy gear... lol

hear what your saying, however the other teams images are based on the official release therefore I think its important to ensure all the bugs are corrected on that official release to provide the other teams (that are doing a cracking job) with a good solid structure to build on.

for example I did think the catseye channel list was working on the allsats image at first, only to discover that actually it was not .... this is the same issue on the base image.

Hence I have already sent the email about this issue, it has been confirmed and is now being addressed.

Last edited:
You mean basics like full correct PVR behaviour which is primary more imoportant feature ..instead of secondary things like media player.... :) I hope TM are paying you Beta Tester wages ... or giving you some freebie Fanboy gear... lol

If they want to pay me wages they can ... for me I want to help them make it right for my own benefit, at the end of the day this is a hobby and if everything was A1 from day one it would be a boring one at that

In answer to your question I do not receive any back handers - however I do feel that they listen to what I have to say and do address my concerns

and really I cant ask for more than that

Wishful thinking Rickie if that was my wife there is other things I would be playing with, oh no she has just walked into the room Ctl Alt Del lol

there are 2 basic enigma features that don't work that spring to mind and I have been assured these will be fixed
16:9/4:3 auto switching
info bar side scrolling through channels hit OK to change to that channel
TM/iQ are aware of this as Ive seen the emails sent to iQ and spoke to TM personally
so I'm hoping these will be fixed within the next couple of releases as it it basic enigma nothing special

it is hard to forget this past year I admit and understand the frustration Owners have had, but never understood why non Owners posted what they did ? nature of the beast I suppose kick a man while his down and all that

if you can manage to put the past in the back of your minds then things have moved on quite a bit in the last month or so

overall pretty happy just a few niggles need ironing out for me :)

there are 2 basic enigma features that don't work that spring to mind and I have been assured these will be fixed
16:9/4:3 auto switching
info bar side scrolling through channels hit OK to change to that channel
TM/iQ are aware of this as Ive seen the emails sent to iQ and spoke to TM personally
so I'm hoping these will be fixed within the next couple of releases as it it basic enigma nothing special

it is hard to forget this past year I admit and understand the frustration Owners have had, but never understood why non Owners posted what they did ? nature of the beast I suppose kick a man while his down and all that

if you can manage to put the past in the back of your minds then things have moved on quite a bit in the last month or so

overall pretty happy just a few niggles need ironing out for me :)

Fact iof the matter Rat, is you are always going to get someone butting there nose into something that dont really concern them.

I mean these people are socalled happy owners of VU's DM's etc, but they feel the need to make unproductive comments - at the end of the day that is there choice and I can read between there lines

Other members such as Cuebase have genuwine concerns, and I would like to understand them so that I can see his issues addressed - I have spoke to TM a few times with issues I was facing of which both were resolved.

As I said, I logged one problem earlier today about certain channel lists causing strange problems and I have had confirmation that it could be recreated in their tests and will be addressed.

We have moved on from the days of - put the image on a usb stick .........etc etc and it will work.

the feedback I am getting is yes we can see a glitch, we will get it sorted.

Thats basicly all I ask.

I have only been in the boat since November, but I am more than willing to put the past behind us if we continue to move forward.

Last edited:
Being playing with my mates tm800 HD (i sold it to him ) for a few days and i must admit the latest IQ is a great image not perfect but miles better than the UR team image i tested before christmas.

I hope this marks a turning in the success of tm800 hd as it has come along way since release admittedly to slow for a lot of owners i hope more support comes from other teams it might be a box worth recommending then to others but at the moment there are better boxes in this price range

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/267009/#post1969542
I refer to this bit
Have a read around some other forums, this may well be a driver issue, I think newer offiical Dream drivers fixed this issue, but they havent been patched yet for use on clones... Or could always try DVI to HDMI convertor and a normal HDMI lead to rule out any cable issues.

I was under the impression the dm800 (including clones) was perfect ?

Last edited by a moderator:
16/06 - Multi Media was working although only 95% finished - green screen problem resolved - NO BACKWARD STEPS
24/06 - problem with chanel xml fixed (some channels going funny after time) - again problem resolved with NO BACKWARD STEPS

31/05 - No media player so completely pointless image for me
16/06 - 95% finished!!!! seriously? You can play stop and pause.... oh and a few extra file formates supported. I'm sorry but seeking, bookmarks full PVR connection, a useable interface/menu structure is a little more than 5% needing done
24/06 - patched 2 files, no need for release at all. No BACKWARD STEPS - didn't zip it up in the download centre like they said they would, and still haven't. Waiting for the posts.... did you donwload it correctly!

I take each iQ release with bated breathe but willing to give it a go, and report on the outcome

Morming Rickie,

saw this post by Digidude

"Re: IQ image and Cccam
it looks like it could be an incompatibility between nabilocccamswitch and the iQ image m8, which wile is no good for you right now, shows the extent to which the code has been changed as it was fine with the old UR images"

Would this by any chance qualify to be a backward step

it depends m8, as cccam itself works with the image. not every image for every machine is compatible with every 3rd party plugin.

when UR tried to update the image to python 2.6, it was a big jump forward, but, 3rd party plugins like coolTVguide no longer worked, as it was closed source and compiled under python2.5

the image moved forward, but the plugin creator failed to ensure compatibility by including the files needed to ensure it would work with other python versions

so for the image itself, it was a big jump forward, for the end user, the epg no longer worked, but, this was down to the plugin creator, NOT the image. compiled python scripts are NEVER backwards compatible (nor compatible with newer versions) if the correct files aint included with the plugin

Has anyone got cool epg going in the Allsats image, I tried it and when I press yellow the menu appears with cool tv guide but whe I Select it nothing appears.

Morning Cue,

You are up early, finding things to pick @ lol

I have to say mate I know didlely about the plugin mentioned and would not like to comment - so thanks Digi for answering for me

Is it worth emailing this nabilocccamswitch thingy to support to see if it can be implemented or is it not possible on the image in current state??

Has anyone got cool epg going in the Allsats image, I tried it and when I press yellow the menu appears with cool tv guide but whe I Select it nothing appears.

Ah crap - just had the same and hoping it was something I was doing wrong but seems it's prob with image. Nothing seems to work from the Yellow button for me.

To use CoolTV, do long press of EPG button

Back