Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Budget 2012 - How does it affect you?

DOH you havn't thought that out have you.

So what are you going to do with the existing street cleaners, make them redundant then get them to clean the streets for dole money.

You should try thinking before you type as you obviously hadn't put much thought into that.
You sound like one of the rejects who used to come out with that kind of rubbish and liked to pay less than the minimum wage.

My point was clear - no money for nowt. Please advise what you are taking so I can avoid it.

My point was clear - no money for nowt. Please advise what you are taking so I can avoid it.

Your point was clear until you started to say that you wanted to put the unemployed into jobs already held by people but for dole money, I pointed out the error that those people employed in cleaning the streets would be made unemployed you have tried to twist it by insinuating that I am on medication (I'm not the one perving after school girls).

I assume from this that you were just gobbing off and have no reasonable reasoning or argument so will leave you to your ramblings.

Your point was clear until you started to say that you wanted to put the unemployed into jobs already held by people but for dole money, I pointed out the error that those people employed in cleaning the streets would be made unemployed you have tried to twist it by insinuating that I am on medication (I'm not the one perving after school girls).

I assume from this that you were just gobbing off and have no reasonable reasoning or argument so will leave you to your ramblings.

Oh dear, you really are the 'sensitive' one. My post was allegorical. I was NOT suggesting putting people out of work so that the unemployed could take their jobs. I was suggesting that people who are physically capable should be deployed gainfully - there must be something they could do to justify their benefits?

As for twisting, I would suggest you raise an argument rather than fire off comments about 'rejects', 'gobbing off' and 'ramblings' - oh, you don't have one?

Insinuating you are on medication? No, giving you opportunity to consider whether you would prefer a debate or would rather just slag someone off whose point of view you disagree with...

BTW, the girls High School comment was ironic and tongue-in-cheek, sorry you missed it..............

Last edited:
Oh dear, you really are the 'sensitive' one. My post was allegorical. I was NOT suggesting putting people out of work so that the unemployed could take their jobs. I was suggesting that people who are physically capable should be deployed gainfully - there must be something they could do to justify their benefits?

Now that we can agree on.
I would prefer they were put to work in charity shops etc or small 1 man businesses that need the initial rhetorical leg up to get them started, where they may not be able to afford a second pair of hands but having a pair for a while would be enough to get their business into a position where it could support a paid worker in 3 to 6 months time.
We are not so far apart on our thinking I have just considered more of the repercussions of where to put them to work that don't put the existing market workforce into a worse position..
I have an 18 year old here who has never worked and I would love it if he was put into a local charity shop or one man business to teach him that money needs to be earnt. I do not want him stealing other peoples jobs to get this experience or lining the pockets of multi million pound companys as free labour.

As for twisting, I would suggest you raise an argument rather than fire off comments about 'rejects', 'gobbing off' and 'ramblings' - oh, you don't have one?

Insinuating you are on medication? No, giving you opportunity to consider whether you would prefer a debate or would rather just slag someone off whose point of view you disagree with...

BTW, the girls High School comment was ironic and tongue-in-cheek, sorry you missed it..............
I know but I had to get the discussion onto a sensible route somehow, I find the shock method seems to work more effective at getting attention :( .

p.s. if you pm me there is never an infraction no matter how much abuse you give me (I'm married i'm used to abuse).

Last edited:
Hands up - I do 'challenge' with my posts ;)

You're right, we're not so far apart in our thinking. You don't need to get me onto a 'sensible route' - I always have a point, it just may be a bit obtuse...

My youngest joined the business for a while and learnt loads. It set him up in the end.

Without wanting to sound like 'telling granny how to suck eggs'...

...why not help him to do something local? The young lad over the road from me does car valeting, a lad round the corner cleans windows. Not gonna get either of them a yacht in Barbados but it's taught them a lot. Not expensive to start, looks good to prospective employers and gives a sense of self-worth. Leaflets are cheap to print - do 'em yourself.

While I'm on, if anyone is looking for work and thinks a web-site may help - grab some votes off members and you can have my services for free...

[Note: I don't do personal abuse, I'm married too lol]

according to the calculator I am £76 better off, lol

The child benefit thing would have hit me and I would have been £2k worse off because of that but with the rethink I am now excluded from the cut. I actually didn't have an issue with the child benefit being cut but the way it was / is being applied is BS. So you you can have a household income of £100k and still be entitled to it.

Back