The Box Super

FunkyLass

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I have this equipment but im not sure what version it is. Its silver but has black on the front.

I have lost nearly all my channels apart from 1-5 and some others but id say 95% are not there.

I was wondering what code do i type in to restore it and get my channels back.

Im hopeless with the thing.

Any help would be great thank you for any help given to me.

Maybe starview 3.

staview 1 says starview on it
starview 2 says the box on it
starview the box pvr (aka the box pvr) says the box pvr on front
starview 3 says the box super
starview 4 says the box super usb

Press menu>system setup>system information:see what it says
LATEST FIRWARE

starview 1 ver tstar -v1.5 core 400 genuine only/core 257 clone or genuine(dated 17/12/08)

starview 2 the box ver 4.57 dated

the box pvr ver(shows up as ver 4.506 ,15 oct 2007) dated 21/12/08

starview 3 the box super ver 8.02 or 8.04(depends on user ,which works better) dated 3/12/08

starview 4 the box super usb ver 1.07 dated 24/12/08

Hi i have just had a look for the information.

API ver : 802e-E
Boot ver: 8.0
30-nove-2008

Hope that helps you understand which one i have.

Thank you will give that a go later tonight or tomorrow and will let you know how i get on.

Thanx for helping me out with the problem

Hi did what you said pressed menu- 1570- emu on and exit but channels still not on.

I can get about 20 channels but most channels have a little sign by them that i can only describe as a dollor sign (green). i hope you understand that lol. When they have that next to it, I carnt see the channel.

You might need to reflash with another firmware 8.04 will pm you.

p.s Make sure you have your correct provider in network

Last edited:
Hi Google mad, we have the starview 3 the box super & we've had it a while & been updating it since we got it (files & fixes) BUT this time we can't see an update where we get it from, is there another place where we can get it (maybe you know somewhere) or is there a key we can put in, thank you & hope you can help me please URGENT lol.

P.S there was a fix it said ver 8.00 but hasen't worked.

Check out sticky thread "all cable files here" dated 10th jan ver 8.04 have not got box so have not tried.

Hi Google mad, we have the starview 3 the box super & we've had it a while & been updating it since we got it (files & fixes) BUT this time we can't see an update where we get it from, is there another place where we can get it (maybe you know somewhere) or is there a key we can put in, thank you & hope you can help me please URGENT lol.

P.S there was a fix it said ver 8.00 but hasen't worked.

Thought it would be best to carry on from my thread from last year about the box. I'm having problems with it again. Lost all the channels apart from the free channels that you get on free view.

Any help would be great thank you.

read the threads on nagra 3. basically there's a new encryption method out, your box won't be getting a fix.

Should i just chuck this box away and buy a new one ? Sorry i aint great with these type of box's. Somebody did it for me but sadly im not in contact with that person no more to help me out.

no one can help you out, there is no fix.

if you have broadband maybe read the kryptview threads about the kv a780, see if you might want one of them.

Back