Terad Drive £63.61

got 1 myself , seems ok , only had it couple of weeks though , but tempted to another at that price , i paid £90

Its a good price, was going to get one myself but if you look at the reviews on Amazon they seem to be very unreliable. I'm not risking it. Thats a lot of data to lose.

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/product/B000W9RNOA/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending"]LINK[/ame]

just m,anaged to pick one up today as they have had a new stock delivery today so if anyone wants one might be worth a recheck ;)

Was just about to get my wallet when nickyboy posted up!

That's a lot of storage to be unreliable, I could imagine losing hundreds of gigs of backups! No chance!

Picked mine up up on Wednesday and it cut out during the first data trasnfer. Took it back today and got a refund.

new year.. head still not working yet lol

well link showing out of stock.. hemel hempstead branch had 4 left on the shelf yesterday.

back in stock in my area (south lanarkshire) took a chance and got one comes thursday i have the 500Gb one and not had any probs, its only for backups so cant really go wrong

hey guys, ive been looking at this drive and it says it can be connected to a router and shared around the network...i was wondering is there any way to connect this to my home network, and somehow access it from say a friends pc, and use it to share files? if so seems a bargain

is there any way i can set this up, but via windows, so that it just is like a normal added drive but on my sisters pc? see she wants to be able to access movies and music, but isnt very good at using pc so ftp may be a bit alkward for her to use. aslo is there a way of sharing the files without having to download them on the other pc? kinda like when u wireless stream a video from pc to a laptop or other device on the network?

Not sure if this is exactly the setup you're after, but I've got an external harddrive connected to my PC, and this can be accessed by any other PC on my Home wireless network, so I can watch a movie on the harddrive on my laptop in an another room. It was really easy to do - use the Windows wizard to set up a wireless network, set up all computers you want to be on the network, and then just grant share permissions to the whole of the harddrive. It's available under My Network Places on all devices connected tot he network. Took about 5 minutes, and I've never done it before.

nah mate i want say my sister in ireland to be able to access files on my network here in england

nah mate i want say my sister in ireland to be able to access files on my network here in england

if you wanna do that then you need a NAS drive, thats what i want too but they cost around £200, so not cheap either...

if you wanna do that then you need a NAS drive, thats what i want too but they cost around £200, so not cheap either...

Don't alot of nas drives come with FTP these days, I know I can log into mine via the IP address once set up. Used to log into my bro's when I was at uni.

Don't alot of nas drives come with FTP these days, I know I can log into mine via the IP address once set up. Used to log into my bro's when I was at uni.

thats what i ment mate, a nas drive which will come with ftp

Back