Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Technomate 600 Review

coley65

Inactive User
Right lets get started on my first ever review of any kind. The reasons I am doing this review is because I have owned a DM 500s for about 5 years and had nothing but problems with the hardware side of things that I could not doing anything about no natter what I did. So anyway by chance I borrowed a TM 9100s of a friend , plugged it in and hardware wise everything worked I was impressed. The trouble with Technomate is the lack of images available. This has never bothered me because I really don’t find much difference between any of them just different osds and things in different places they all reach the same goal but in slightly different ways.

I am focusing on the Tm 600 I will not be reviewing the pvr capabilties. The looks of the tm600 I think is very pleasing and similar to 9100s so it is a full sized stb. Connection wise its got everthing you need on the back and front.

Ok I switched the tm600 on and to my surprise it had ur 20 rev 2 on it (second hand box alert) and also had hacksat key updater installed.. The boot went flawlessly and I moved the dish to the reference postion 0 and nudged west a tad scannned in all of the channels in about the same time as my dm did and pulled in all the weaker ones. Great first step done went to bbc world and what hit me was crispness of picture it was superb set to rgb, on the 9100s there seemed to be a lot of picture shifting when in rgb mode not so with tm 600. I thought at this point I would try that hacksat key updater so I went to digi 1 press the yellow button started the plugin and boom keys went in and Digi flim 1 cleared. On to the sound the dreambox was always really quiet however this baby loud and clear. Next I thought I would try out the web interface on the pc on my dm it would never stream properly because of a crappy ethernet point that dm messsed up. The results were 10 out of 10 with no pixalation what ever.

Now then on to motor control I like exploring the clarke belt and seeing what I can get now what I don’t like about is the signal readings on it especially the bottom reading Ber too much info just a percentage would have been fine. I found it quite tricky when sat searching but got ther in the end I know you can use usals but I never have so I don’t know how that works. The dish movement was excellent and has not let me down once.. Now the I said I was not going to mention the pvr but I then rember I had a 2 gig usb drive so I pushed it in and recorded a bit of tele and it worked perfect.

The remote control is very good everthing is in the same place as my dm which helped with quite a few well thought out additions. On the 9100s I did not like the remote control one bit so this is a big improvement. It’s a shame that you can not use Cccam directley with a nds card and you have to use newcs aswell But however it works and it works well. I don’t know why it doesn`t.

To end the review the options you have now a dm500 clone box or an eagle or similar. From my reading of the different forums there were too many stories of hardware failures of the clones etc but with the tn600 you getting a brand name. I have not mentioned the dm600 because of its ridiculus price tag. One word of warning if you purchase either tm 500 or the tm600 make sure you are getting the retail version not the pre-production sample units. This a bit shitty of retails and technomate to be flogging these.

Coley

Back