Technomate 5402hd

pete4000uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Newbie alert!

Hi all.

I am in the market for a new HD box and the Technomate 5402 HD was recommended as a replacement for my non HD satellite box. However, having looked into things regarding this receiver it seems that it does a LOT more than initially meets the eye. I am of course talking about watching encrypted channels at 28E through ‘card sharing’ what that sort of thing.

As a complete newbie to this sort of stuff, could someone give me a basic rundown of how it works and what needs to be done etc?

Any help appreciated!

Welcome. Here is my 2p.

Receiver choice depends what you want to do, but don't buy the Technomate.

As a basic HD receiver it's expensive compared to an Openbox S10 or similar (about £50) which also does exactly what you refer to.

As a more advanced hobbyist's or sat enthusiast's toy, unfortunately Technomate just don't cut the mustard any more.
Infrequent and poor quality software updates are the norm, you cant drive a motor properly with any software released since August 2011. Latest software freezes the picture on Sky Italy and other major providers under ccam, and as the software is closed source, there is no option but to wait for TM to release their next hatchet-job firmware.

If you want a straightforward box with cccam and HD, then go Openbox.
If you want to motorise, and do other interesting stuff like streaming, then get a Dreambox DM800 SE.

edit plenty of info here in the forum in the search feature

chopps

Last edited:
Welcome. Here is my 2p.

Receiver choice depends what you want to do, but don't buy the Technomate.

As a basic HD receiver it's expensive compared to an Openbox S10 or similar (about £50) which also does exactly what you refer to.

As a more advanced hobbyist's or sat enthusiast's toy, unfortunately Technomate just don't cut the mustard any more.
Infrequent and poor quality software updates are the norm, you cant drive a motor properly with any software released since August 2011. Latest software freezes the picture on Sky Italy and other major providers under ccam, and as the software is closed source, there is no option but to wait for TM to release their next hatchet-job firmware.

If you want a straightforward box with cccam and HD, then go Openbox.
If you want to motorise, and do other interesting stuff like streaming, then get a Dreambox DM800 SE.

edit plenty of info here in the forum in the search feature

chopps

For a basic "plain" viewing cccam on 28e, openbox might do the job, YES. But, I have indeed both 5402 and openbox, and openbox is a bloody pain, half the price, yes, but I dearly regret my purchase. Pvr is rubbish, sound doesnt match (not syncro), and, dont let me start on channel line-up/editing, it's a F**cking joke. It even doesnt reconize my official smit secure viaccess cam.
We, as customers, are defenitely forgoten by technomate , we deeply all miss magic&co for its patches...just by reading post on here & elsewhere, you'll realize how frustrating this is becoming, but openbox is just a plain, BASIC, very cheap cccam box, and really, dont expect too much from it.

I have both.
S9 no sync issues.
Loads of channel lists available.
Yes epg is now/then only.
Pvr works fine for me.
Have used conax cam perfect in slot and many major provider cards no issues.
Openbox is almost 1/3 of TM5402 price at £50ish

Well I chose not to say anything at first - but I'm SERIOUSLY hoping that now we have hopefully shaken TM up a bit - even a LOT - with all the recent issues, e.g. patches, xxxxxx's receiver problem, etc - and I sincerely feel that the latest batch of patches are a lot nearer to what we really need from TM - I personally still believe in TM & that they arent expensive by any means and are very superior technically to many others mentioned here - maybe excepting Dreambox!
Cheers!:Biggrin2:

I have both.
S9 no sync issues.
Loads of channel lists available.
Yes epg is now/then only.
Pvr works fine for me.
Have used conax cam perfect in slot and many major provider cards no issues.
Openbox is almost 1/3 of TM5402 price at £50ish

I really wish I'd say the same, have openbox s11...

I WANT my own channel list, and to create it is, again a F*cking joke !
Cant use PVR, tried 2 usb stick, sometime works, sometime doesnt...
Have syncro problem on ALL hd channels...
My OFFICIAL smit dual secure is NOT reconize by the s11....works good in 5402...
it will not clear properly channels using an official BIStv card, need to reboot if I want the box to clear channels when switching from one channel to another...
And before you ask, I did not buy a clone...

But not sure we are actually in the right section...:technomate, SORRY, I did started.

I've bought an eagle mini HD box as a back for £45.00 off fleabay.
Very easy to set up if you go to the right forums but it's very noisy when turned on and runs pretty hot!
Technomates up until recently have always been my fav boxes, but we all know they need to wake up and start delivering as there is a lot of unrest, not just on this forum either!

I would rate the construction quality of the TM5402 to be a fair bit higher that the S9/10. I have had a new S9 fail withing a few months of purchase so if you do go for one make sure the supplier is in the UK and NOT in China.

I have 2 S9 never an issue nor with S10
Also purchased for a friend S9/S10 etc thse are all over 18 months old and work fine.
Ther are def sub standard stb's about though purporting to be openbox.

I just wanted to correct ...I own an openbox S10 not S11 as previously stated.

Linux stb's will always do more.
Blade is same as TM5402 but is in front of the TM in means of support.

Been watching a TM7100 on fleabay mate - are THEY any good?:Biggrin2:

Been watching a TM7100 on fleabay mate - are THEY any good?:Biggrin2:

the Tm7100 is a great box had it for two years sold it on to a m8(so i could buy a Vu+Ultimo) still going strong if you're just using it for cccam it's good the internal HDD is not very reliable with a trb drive i heard that smaller ones work fine.(i used external usb powert HDD in the end w2orking fine)
Setup is the very same as the TM6900 super only twin sat tuners if you can get it at a good price i would still recommend just don't use latest patch ,Patch 145 is what i used last and that worked okay.

I have 2 S9 never an issue nor with S10
Also purchased for a friend S9/S10 etc thse are all over 18 months old and work fine.
Ther are def sub standard stb's about though purporting to be openbox.

Could well be, any manufacture seems to have jumped on the S9/10 receivers and badge them as S9/10 maybe I got a rogue one.

the Tm7100 is a great box had it for two years sold it on to a m8(so i could buy a Vu+Ultimo) still going strong if you're just using it for cccam it's good the internal HDD is not very reliable with a trb drive i heard that smaller ones work fine.(i used external usb powert HDD in the end w2orking fine)
Setup is the very same as the TM6900 super only twin sat tuners if you can get it at a good price i would still recommend just don't use latest patch ,Patch 145 is what i used last and that worked okay.

What would you call a 'good' price mate?:Biggrin2:

What would you call a 'good' price mate?:Biggrin2:
Well i sold mine for 250euro's + help setting it up and that's second hand.
So i would say between £200-250 would not be a bad price for a nearly new one.Less then that for an well used one.
They are going for £325 brand new

Contact digidude, he did have some for sale not long ago I think.

Not really that bothered mate - got email from the auction suggesting a gamma card - which I get alerts for, so with these two gamma cards there was also a TM7100 & cardwriter
It all went for £200 in end!!:Biggrin2:

Back