technomate 5402 hd

kingsofsat

Inactive User
Reaction score
in my opinion i think this new box from technomate is going to be a massive seller for them, its only been out a couple of weeks and its already proven to be a winner, i think this will sell out more than any other box in the next 12 months, well done technomate

I got to agree with this.

Ordered mine yesterday and just got an email telling me they're out of stock.

They're trying to get some more from Technomate tomorrow and will let me know about delivery.

Massive disappointment to me as I was really looking forward to having a play with this tomorrow evening. Have to go out on the beer now instead...

I got to agree with this.

Ordered mine yesterday and just got an email telling me they're out of stock.

They're trying to get some more from Technomate tomorrow and will let me know about delivery.

Massive disappointment to me as I was really looking forward to having a play with this tomorrow evening. Have to go out on the beer now instead...

good man have one for me m8, you will be more than happy when you get it, i ordered 40 today from my supplier and they to are short of stock, so that tells ya something

You will probably be disapointed as I have just got a 5402 and I get all transponders except anything that is VERTICAL polarity above 11.7 GHz. The receiver thinks it is horizontal all the time above this frequency so many channels cannot be received with it. Has anyone had any trouble like this? If so, does anyone know if I should change the LNB? My current one works fine on a Sky Digibox but all these missing muxes give a red signal quality or stength, not yellow and blue.
If anyone can help it would be most appreciated. (And sorry yes this is my first post, but I am trying to finda solution to my problem, so please forgive me if I should have posted elsewhere).

Thanks.
James

You will probably be disapointed as I have just got a 5402 and I get all transponders except anything that is VERTICAL polarity above 11.7 GHz. The receiver thinks it is horizontal all the time above this frequency so many channels cannot be received with it. Has anyone had any trouble like this? If so, does anyone know if I should change the LNB? My current one works fine on a Sky Digibox but all these missing muxes give a red signal quality or stength, not yellow and blue.
If anyone can help it would be most appreciated. (And sorry yes this is my first post, but I am trying to finda solution to my problem, so please forgive me if I should have posted elsewhere).

Thanks.
James

James,

Very interesting, I have exactly the same issue myself with this receiver.

I carried out a blind scan of 1W for FTA channels and compared it with an old TM5200D receiver. The 5402 HD received 20 FTA channels and the 5200 received 40 FTA channels. When I checked which channels were missing they were ALL VERTICAL polarity above 11.7GHz, ie, the band for High-Vertical.

Unless we both have the same make of LNB with the same fault I have to think it is theTM-5402 HD receiver tuner, it is definitely not as sensitive as an old TM5200D. The LNB I used for the test was an Inverto Black C120 quad output LNB and I carried out the blind scan with both receivers at the same time using separate outputs from the LNB. I also swapped over the LNB cables to make sure it was not one of the LNB quad outputs but got the same result, missing High-Vertical from the TM-5402 HD box.

Rgds

Last edited:
Make sure settings for lnb are correct in set up.

Hmmm, good point, I have the LNB set to Universal but the Frequency was set to 9.750 / 10.600. I have now changed this to 9.750 / 10.750 with 22KHz set to AUTO

Would you know if the change from 9.750/10.600 to 9.750/10.750 will make any difference before I start pulling receivers and cables out and testing them all again?

Thx

Hi. Spme good news. Having read all the comments, they are very interesting. I spent all afternoon trying to get this sorted out. I firstly had to plug the box in in another room on a different feed, and got occasional signla on Vertical above 11.7 GHz. I found that I had to put the LNB plug in at a slight angle, then scan the frequencies, then plugged it back in in the living room when I had all channels scanned.

I then went to advanced scan, selected a frequency I had trouble with, had to mess with the LNB connection until I got yellow and blue steady. This took a lot of fine tweaking of the plug. The signla at one point came and went, then I had to do it again, and I got it back.

So it IS possible but with great difficulty. Once you have all the frequencies stored in the box it is easier. However, the factory settings are still very much out of date so before you start, make sure you have all the frequency settings correct in your list for whatever satellite you want to scan.

Hope that helps - the key is to fiddle a bit wiht the LNB plug (carefully!), until you get blue/yellow steadily then do a scan and all the channels should appear.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks.
James

James,

I am pleased that you managed to find a solution. However, it seems as though there might possibly be a design fault on the LNB input port if the user has to toggle with the LNB cable to get a full range of frequencies.

It would explain why the WF125 cable I used got all the frequencies as it is 25% thicker copper core so the LNB input port is presumably gripping the core better. The WF100 cable which is standard size is perhaps not getting gripped fully by the LNB input port hence the missing range.

I will check my WF100 cable connection to see if I can lengthen the exposed copper core and put a slight bend in it so that it is gripped better and see if it gives more channels on a scan.

Rgds

the inside of the lnb connection on receivers is like 2 small curved bits of metal that 'wrap' around the inner core of the coax cable. the 'shotgun' wf65 that sky use, is SHITE, the inner core is so thin, then even on sly boxes, if you dont bend the core, you can have no connection

Hi. Just borrowed a 5402 from a friend and tested it. It appears to have exactly the same fault as mine. so it would appear they are all the same.

One thought crossed my mind - my friend told me the 11.7 and higher Vertical channels work without any hastle where he works - but there the cable is not going direct from the dish, but via two hops - one to a connecting f connector, then from there to the box. So there are two hops before it gets to the receiver and that seems fine.

So, I wonder has anyone tried an attenuator? Please forgive me, I am not an experienced engineer by any stretch, but it is worth a try.

BTW I was told if I wanted a replacement box I would need to send it back to the shop I got it from, have it tested by them, and if it worked for them, it would be sent back to me - not a replacement box. Only f it was faulty would I get a replacement box.

I was not prepared to accept that so I pesevered instead but I would be interested if atenuators work for anyone.

Thanks.
James

Back