tea and coffe poll

how much tea coffe do you consume a day?

• i drink tea

Votes: 45 34.6%
  • i drink coffe

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • i drink both

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • 1-5 cups per day

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • 5-10 cups per day

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • more than 10 per day

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
the last few days i have noticed that im drinking an incredible amount of tea/coffee compared to what i used too. i have 2 coffe's in a morning to get myself going then i have t least another 5-10 cups throughout the day.

which got me thinking how much tea coffe do we consume as a forum?

pick tea coffe or both then how many please

Both for me, more coffee than tea, I only drink tea when on nightshift and coffee during the day cos if I drink coffee I dont sleep the next day. Anywhere from 6-12 cups a day, all coffee if not on nightshift and half that if on nightshift. Has to be strong coffee though, no instant crap.

I'm not a big fan of either but I enjoy a good cup of Nescafe :)

only coffee for me, been drinking it longer than i can remember and a pint pot at a time, most i drank in one day was about 21 cups but didn't sleep for about 2 days but was not long after my mum passed away.

now i cut down though only have about 10-12 now, just bought a coffee machine also so it's there when i fancy one lol, and just drinking one now while on here.

I drink both but mostly tea. would say about 6 cups aday

Btw my cup will take 1 litre of tea. and has the words { Worlds Biggest Mug } lol.dont think some one was trying to tell me something do ya...

dont drink any alot

like a cup of tea every now and again, but mainly drink water

Regards
Mickie D

Don't drink tea or coffee and never have. Really only drink water and fruit juice now, oh and smoothies.

once i was started drinking coffee 4 to 5 cups a day but it was really keeping me awake and tired so i gave up , love the tea now it is a great stuff, some time just make it with a hot skimmed milk gave me a deep sleep!!! tea lover can try once one tea bag boil in a milk untill you get colour you like sugar as you wish, it will give you soothimg effect and deep sleep!!!!

Only ever make tea to dip my digestives into. Hate coffee. Only ever tried it once and never again! tho chances are I made it wrong because nothing should taste that bad!

Too much caffine sends me crazy, but I love tea.....

Infact I like tea an awful lot and have read up considerably about it in the past - often to settle arguments with my tea loving housmates!

Tea is actually really good for you! It contains antiOXIDANTS which are REALLY good 4 u.

I thought I might explain a bit about why whilst i sip my cup of tea (milk 2 sugars thank you)...

Oxidation is a natural process(like as rusting metal) and in us is believed to attribute to ageing and eventually death! It is accelerated by smoking, sunlight, alcohol (all the things I like best!) and polution etc. The things that accelerate our oxidation are called free radicals which are basically bad particles of stuff which lack an electron. They are highly reactive and look for electron to replace the one they're missing, from healthy cells etc. This damages them.
Antioxidants go arround being nice and can offer up their electrons to neutralise these bad free radicals saving damage to yr cells!

This is one major reason why tea is good!

Other interesting info if you're into this stuff. :)
The antitoxidants in Tea are called polyphenols
Green tea is the best antioxidant.. Herbal tea has no antioxidants believe it or not.
If you add a slice of lemon to plain tea it can increase the antioxidant effect dramaticaly.
The antitoxidants in tea can also help with cholestorol levels!
There is belief that it can help prevent some cancers.
many more good reasons too..

ooh, time for another cup me thinks...

Back