TA-082 “SoftDown” Released!

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Update: As more confirmations come in, Chaos Zero has made some amendments. You are not stuck with 1.50 or 2.71 SE-C once you’ve successfully downgraded. You’re able to run any 2.60+ update EBOOT afterwards. And, another thing, if you chose 2.71 SE-C you can re-softdown to 1.50. Run the TA-082 executable again and select 1.50, boot into 2.71 SE-C “recovery mode,” and select the newly generated EBOOT.

You’ve all heard & read about it — now here it is! Using 0okm’s discovered method, dark_thug was able to produce a successful method to downgrade, or better known as “softdown,” your TA-082 PSP. But, the catch! There’s always a catch… Before you get all excited, there are a few worrisome consequences you must consider before attempting this… As follows:

1. You can only “softdown” to either 1.50 or 2.71 SE-C
2. If you select 1.50
* Attempting to access anything under the ’settings’ menu will cause your PSP to crash
3. If you select 2.71 SE-C
* You may experience lock-ups during certain games

There’s also a slight chance you may brick your PSP during the initial softdown procedure. I’ve yet to hear any reports of that though.

Continue forward at your own risk!

Instructions (follow carefully!):

1. Use Dark_AleX’s Update Flasher to change your TA-082 to 2.50 (if it isn’t already)
2. Download 0okm’s 2.50 TA-082 Check & Dump to dump your firmware
3. Enter your serial #, specify the path to your 2.50 dump, and select your desired firmware in the Windows executable. (Screen shot below)
4. It will then generate the downgrader unique to your PSP.
5. Copy the ‘UPDATE’ directory to your PSP under x:/PSP/GAME
6. Download and install the Noobz eLoader
7. Launch eLoader and select ‘UPDATE’ from menu
ta082-softdown_s.jpg

You have now started the downgrade and will soon have a patched 1.50 bootstrap.

Once completed, reboot your PSP and hit “O” to restore settings. Viola!

Its also been noted, if you’ve chosen the 1.50 softdown path, that it may be possible to restore the settings menu by flashing a clean 1.50 registry with a tool such as X-Flash. Very risky however. Again — use at your own risk.

Must say, nice job dark_thug!

Download:
TA-082 Downgrader
TA-082 Check & Dump v120
2.71 Update Flasher
eLoader 0.9.9

is it real or fake

as you will be aware highlander there is a lot of talk going around that this is fake so i would advise anybody thinking about trying this on there ta-082 psp to hold fire and await further developments,some other forums(psp-hacks) have stopped the downloading of these files

as you will be aware highlander there is a lot of talk going around that this is fake so i would advise anybody thinking about trying this on there ta-082 psp to hold fire and await further developments,some other forums(psp-hacks) have stopped the downloading of these files

Have checked around, and cant find details of this being fake. On the other hand, there are serious problems once you have done it.

see

h**p://pspupdates.qj.net/UPDATE-TA-082-Downgrader-a-fake-says-Dark-AleX/pg/49/aid/76434

Reported as fake

see

h**p://pspupdates.qj.net/UPDATE-TA-082-Downgrader-a-fake-says-Dark-AleX/pg/49/aid/76434

Reported as fake

Update as follows:

On behalf of PSP-HaXors, I would personally like to apologize for the recent release of the fake TA-082 downgrader by dark_thug.

Once it was emailed to me, I was skeptical. The sizes of the so-called ".thug" files matched the sizes of the Official Sony 1.50 firmware eboot and 2.71 eboot files.

So instead of releasing a fake downgrader to the scene, I held on to it.

With no proof, I finally decided to get it tested in a live test.

Without a TA-082 PSP myself to test it, I gave it out to test to 3 people who asked for it.

When all three came back saying it worked, I released it, with the proper cautions.

Numerous people from PSP hacking sites reported success, and a few, bricks, so I assumed it was working.

That was until birdman and Dark_AleX said it was a hoax, and could neither downgrade nor brick a PSP.

It was fake, and we've all seen fakes in the past. And will probably continue to see them.

Instead of pointing fingers at the testers, it's better to just move on.

Again, I am sorry for posting it without the proper proof.

- Chaos Zero -

Last edited:
Back