system restore problem

dj999

Inactive User
Reaction score
since last thursday trying to do a system restore in normal and safe mode but keep getting this message(see attatchment) and its pissing me off, cos the pc is running slow.
i know wot the problem is causing it to go slow, a file thats was downloaded with adoobe flash player update, wasn't paying proper attention and when i delete the files(can only delete in safe mode) they reapppear when i reboot.

If they reappear after a reboot then they are storing themselves in your system restore folders and stopping you from running it,

best bet is to disable system restore and then delete them,then scan with malwarebytes or similar,

once clean you can then enable system restore again.

Yup by removing that tick...or you could try ccleaner, it is freeware and will allow you to remove all your system restore points....
Hope this helps..

i echo what techquest says, spot on advice. Always turn off system restore when doing any virus/malware cleaning routines.

Advance SystemCare is a great little tool for those little house keeping jobs.

disabled system restore but the problem with the trying to remove the particular file i'm constantly getting this message

using the Process Veiwer managed to kill the process and have deleted it from the Windows folder, and the pc seems to be ok now.

to be sure, install Malwarebytes Anit-malware, update it then run a full scan in safe mode. That'll tidy up and left over junk..

Malwarebytes doesn't delete owt it shouldn't. Even if it finds infected DLL's, it shows you them 1st before u delete them.

it would only delete them if there were infected AND if u said so.

what programs did you use last time that did that? they're not all the same.

the file has reappeared
doing it now

yeah, they often re-create themselves if not cleaned correctly. make sure System Restore is off, Install Malwarebytes, update it then reboot into safemode. Run the full scan (maybe 2 hours) and then let it clean the virus off. Once done, reboot back to normal and fingers cross it should be gone.

Once you know it's gone and if you use it - you can re-enable System Restore. Personally, i don't use it.

Back