Swap magic 3.6 back ups and coppied games

X-PAC

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Ok i went and got myself swap magic 3.6 and the slide tool i have a original ps2.
Great i thought , so then i went and brought 4 games (coppied ,back ups) for £15,
Even better i thought , i got home used swap magic put the game in need for speed most wanted , yes i thought, wrongly.
It took about 5 miniutes to load the game just to get to the main menu another 5 mins to select a car, 5 mins to start the race , and about 15 mins to complete the race as it would keep freezing while it loads , the graphics werent that good either , is this a problem with all coppied back / games?

first thing to do is clean the disc
My daughter was moaning that her smackdown vs raw was taking 10 minutes to load
cleaned the disc and worked fine ;)

another thing is ur buying them from boot sales (wherever) u dont know how these have been burned and what discs they are burnt too
u need good quality disc (I use ritek go5) and burn at 4x not had a duff yet :Hit:

but clean the disc first m8

cleaned the disks, still the same problem , the disks that have been used were phillips dvd+r 1-8x speed .
could it be that its just these that have the problem and if i brought myself some decent dvd+r discs and made a copy myself it wouldnt have these problems?
Also 3 of the 4 games i brought are in black and white, did that adapter you brought fix the problem?

I would deffo try better discs reburning them Im not sure ? but worth a try :) burning at a slow speed
yes that converter did work m8 well worth the money

the thing with backup disks as anyone who fits ps2 chips knows - the laser in the ps2 is too finely tuned and needs a tweak. i don't think i have fitted a chip yet that didn't require a laser tweak.
burning the disks at slowest speed can improve the situation!

X-PAC just pm'd me to tell me u can change setting in swap magic to play ntsc games in colour lol I didnt know that thanks m8
but there is a slight draw back with that option it cuts part of the screen off at the bottom and the converter doesnt
but a handy option all the same if u dont want to spend out anymore money ;)

thanks for pointing that out to me X-PAC :)

LOL yep 22-23% to be precise - quite a chunk of a 14" tv.

BTW twobeercans I like ya medal but Im sure mines a little more shiny LOL ;)

Rat said:
BTW twobeercans I like ya medal but Im sure mines a little more shiny LOL ;)
yeah your right mate - mine does look dull on my 19"tft widescreen monitor LOL. i better get a crt monitor to make it look shiny hahaha:proud:

TWOBEERCANS said:
yeah your right mate - mine does look dull on my 19"tft widescreen monitor LOL. i better get a crt monitor to make it look shiny hahaha:proud:
Grrrrrrrr Mine aint widescreen : mr ed :

getting back on topic lol
let us know X-PAC if reburning works m8 ;)

lol yer i will as soon as i get sum decent dvds,
is there any reason why your names first and twobeercans is last on your medal?

no m8 we was all joint 3rd place ,whoever made the medal just done it that way no reason behind the order ;)

yes there is - cos my name wouldn't fit at the top LOL

Try burning at 2x m8 this may help as boot sequence for swap discs is not as complexed as an on-board mod chip.

Back