Supermarkets strike again

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
Please refer to the attached schematic for clarity :).

I usually leave the basket checkout via the light green arrow route but today there is a stack of baskets blocking it. A worker was nearby and I asked if I could get past that way. I was told I "wasn't supposed to" but I could in this instance.

The other route involves squezing past eight or so checkout lines of people with trolleys :Mad2:.

There is a gap 750mm wide at the side of the basket checkout now that I've been using for weeks, apeared after some re-arranging. Why can't I use that?

It takes literally ten times longer to leave the place asking people to move and they all huff and puff about it because I want to be past. Usually with 13kG of bags... Looking at me like I'm stupid because I want to be past.

Blue Boxes with Orange Dots- Checkouts
Orange Dots - Checkout people
Blue Boxes - Shelves of food
Pink line - Barrier
Green Dots - People
Green Dots with Boxes - People with trolleys
Purple Box - Magazines
Red Box with Cross and ? - Stack of baskets as an obstruction
Light Green Arrows - Optimum route to leave by
Red Box - Exit
Red Arrows - Basket queue

Attachments

• Supermarket.JPG
    Supermarket.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 33
they dont want you to leave mate! But with all those bargains I cant believe you'd want to lol

they dont want you to leave mate! But with all those bargains I cant believe you'd want to lol

It would have been like losing £5 not using the voucher :(.

They keep rearranging the shelves to make people look all over the place so they see new things to buy.

Why the fook did they do it on the Saturday before Christmas Day? AAAAAAaaaargh!

It would have been like losing £5 not using the voucher :(.

They keep rearranging the shelves to make people look all over the place so they see new things to buy.

Why the fook did they do it on the Saturday before Christmas Day? AAAAAAaaaargh!

Do as I do, ask one of the workers "Where the Fook have they hidden (such and such an item) this time ?"
Usually gets a smile and a "I know even I struggle to keep track !................It's in aisle......"

what dots are the kids that beg for cash off you while going through the checkouts?

An ellipsis to show I'd missed out some checkouts.

I got accosted by the Roma Big Issue seller twice as well.

You should really get out more...lol
But avoid supermarkets

Over-complicated M8, I just throw a panic attack and stagger out through the immediately cleared aisle :)

Luckily it was quiet in there yesterday, the shuffling biddies must be snowed in.

Why can't I leave via that route? Why is there a barrier there?

DW - Barrier.jpg

Yep, avoid the stress, send the Missus ;)

PS - try it in France...

...much muttering and pfffts (serious French insult)!

Perhaps he should get out less! It seems going out to the shops is a painful experience for our spectre lol :D

Perhaps he should get out less! It seems going out to the shops is a painful experience for our spectre lol :D

I went to three, THREE, supermarkets yesterday :'(.

by the second two I was, however, suitably tranquilised. There are undoubtedly some confused staff wondering why I wanted specific types of grape juice :D.

I went to three, THREE, supermarkets yesterday :'(.

by the second two I was, however, suitably tranquilised. There are undoubtedly some confused staff wondering why I wanted specific types of grape juice :D.

You mean like Merlot, Shiraz, Chardonnay?

Back