• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Super Smash Bros Wii

Hi there does anyone know if there is a pal version of smash bros that will fit on a single layer dvd like there was for mario kart?

Shindig

VIP Member
VIP Member
I wouldnt trust it to be honest. Difficult if not impossible to rip out near 4 gig of data

wiiman

DW Member ++
but wasent the same done with mario kart a few months back
you can actually edit this with trucha to fit it onto a dual layer disc, the way its done is to cut out all the cut scenes except one, then this video is played every time the is a cut scene, i think it only allows single play too.

smcsmc

Member +
Yep and the DVD5 version works great with NO DL Just normal DVD.

Just downloaded it now and playing VERY good:proud::proud:

corey

Inactive User
i just downloaded ntsc dual layer burned at1* on img burn but you must goto settings write
look for Layer Break click for User Specified and fill this in: 2084960 works great

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
i just downloaded ntsc dual layer burned at1* on img burn but you must goto settings write
look for Layer Break click for User Specified and fill this in: 2084960 works great
I found that the NTSC version crashed after a couple of levels. No problem with the PAL release though

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Do you set the layer break the same for PAL or should i just burn away with CloneCD

terminator2k2

Inactive User
for the dvd9 version you must use the layer break with argon and d2pro9 or you will get a white screen....

i used img burn as i couldnt find a way with clone cd....

I tried dvd 5 and dual layer and both with layer break thing and still got 1 level then crash - yaosm chip

Sorted dual layer now just did as before but used my pioneer burner instead of sony - seems to do the trick

witchy

Banned for good!
Since this is sorted, I'll hijack it ;)

I downloaded a copy of SMG- PAL and the file name said it was 'compressed', what does this mean?

Game plays fine and I can't see any missing parts, I can't see any compressed textures, neither does the music sound downsampled, so what exactly was compressed?!

File name was something like ...."Super.Mario.Galaxy.PAL(compressed).iso

wiiman

DW Member ++
Since this is sorted, I'll hijack it ;)

I downloaded a copy of SMG- PAL and the file name said it was 'compressed', what does this mean?

Game plays fine and I can't see any missing parts, I can't see any compressed textures, neither does the music sound downsampled, so what exactly was compressed?!

File name was something like ...."Super.Mario.Galaxy.PAL(compressed).iso
It's probably a wiiscrubbed game, just means the garbage data of the disc is removed so when you compress the image with winrar its alot smaller.