Super Smash Bros Wii

Hi there does anyone know if there is a pal version of smash bros that will fit on a single layer dvd like there was for mario kart?

Shindig

DW Member +
I wouldnt trust it to be honest. Difficult if not impossible to rip out near 4 gig of data

wiiman

DW Member ++
but wasent the same done with mario kart a few months back
you can actually edit this with trucha to fit it onto a dual layer disc, the way its done is to cut out all the cut scenes except one, then this video is played every time the is a cut scene, i think it only allows single play too.

smcsmc

Member ++
Yep and the DVD5 version works great with NO DL Just normal DVD.

Just downloaded it now and playing VERY good:proud::proud:

corey

Inactive User
i just downloaded ntsc dual layer burned at1* on img burn but you must goto settings write
look for Layer Break click for User Specified and fill this in: 2084960 works great

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
i just downloaded ntsc dual layer burned at1* on img burn but you must goto settings write
look for Layer Break click for User Specified and fill this in: 2084960 works great
I found that the NTSC version crashed after a couple of levels. No problem with the PAL release though

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Do you set the layer break the same for PAL or should i just burn away with CloneCD

terminator2k2

Inactive User
for the dvd9 version you must use the layer break with argon and d2pro9 or you will get a white screen....

i used img burn as i couldnt find a way with clone cd....

I tried dvd 5 and dual layer and both with layer break thing and still got 1 level then crash - yaosm chip

Sorted dual layer now just did as before but used my pioneer burner instead of sony - seems to do the trick

witchy

Banned for good!
Since this is sorted, I'll hijack it ;)

I downloaded a copy of SMG- PAL and the file name said it was 'compressed', what does this mean?

Game plays fine and I can't see any missing parts, I can't see any compressed textures, neither does the music sound downsampled, so what exactly was compressed?!

File name was something like ...."Super.Mario.Galaxy.PAL(compressed).iso

wiiman

DW Member ++
Since this is sorted, I'll hijack it ;)

I downloaded a copy of SMG- PAL and the file name said it was 'compressed', what does this mean?

Game plays fine and I can't see any missing parts, I can't see any compressed textures, neither does the music sound downsampled, so what exactly was compressed?!

File name was something like ...."Super.Mario.Galaxy.PAL(compressed).iso
It's probably a wiiscrubbed game, just means the garbage data of the disc is removed so when you compress the image with winrar its alot smaller.

TEST