Super cup Bayern V Chelsea

gasman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread but it clearly deserves one after becoming a bit of an epic.
If you don't know the score look away now :)

Extremely good German side became a beaten side up until 30 seconds remained and the deserving Germans sent a defensive 10 man Chelsea into penalties.
Typical Mourinho looked to have the Germans beaten with a superb defensive display but the result ended up reflecting the true nature of the game.
Bayern are a fearsome unit and no mistake.

Great game as a Chelsea fan, must have been even better for a neutral. I though the sending off was very harsh, I didn't even think it was a foul. I knew once we took the lead with 10 men that it was going to be back to the wall for the rest of the game, almost did it.

I didn't even think it was a foul.

In real time maybe, but a different matter in slo-mo. I would agree with some of the pundits that it could have been a straight red rather than a second yellow.

Fooking terrible penalty from Lukaku to lose it. :grayno:

Must say blue from as neutral a point of view as a united fan can offer :) I thought he was off the second I saw the incident. The writing was on the wall from that moment and who better than Mou to organise a rear guard action. Bayern are an outstanding unit though and you always felt they would get back in it, strangely it was not until you thought Chelsea had pulled it off that Bayern scored.
Glimpses of the Guardiola style already creeping in with Bayerns hunger to win back possession and some smooth quick passing. Favourites to retain the Champions league again I dare say.

Back