Real Madrid to unveil Jose Mourinho as coach

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Real Madrid will unveil Jose Mourinho as their new manager on Monday after agreeing compensation with Inter Milan.

Club presidents Massimo Moratti and Florentino Perez met in Milan on Friday to thrash out a deal to allow Mourinho to quit the Champions League winners.

Mourinho, 47, will replace Manuel Pellegrini in the Madrid hotseat after the Chilean was sacked on Wednesday.

Inter had claimed they were due £13.5m under the terms of Mourinho's contract, which was due to run until 2012.

Mourinho, who took over at the San Siro in 2008, became only the third man to win European club football's most prestigious competition with two different clubs when Inter beat Bayern Munich 2-0 in Saturday's Champions League final

That success also assured the Nerazzuri's place in the history books as they became the first Italian team to win the Treble, having already retained the Serie A title and beaten Roma to lift the Italian Cup.

Former Chelsea boss Mourinho is contracted to Inter until 2012.

Pellegrini's free-scoring Real side finished runners-up in the Spanish League this season, netting 102 goals in 38 games, with 60 of those strikes coming at home.

But the 56-year-old Chilean was dismissed for failing to land any silverware, despite the Spanish giants having signed Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema and Xabi Alonso for a combined fee in excess of £196m in the summer of 2009.

mouth watering prospect. no doubt he has proven to be a top class manager. lets see how well he does at real. I am sure he will excel.

Isnt it Barca where is he booed at? Real vs Barca gonna be even more interesting now.

mouth watering prospect. no doubt he has proven to be a top class manager. lets see how well he does at real. I am sure he will excel.

Isnt it Barca where is he booed at? Real vs Barca gonna be even more interesting now.

That's probably where he'll end his career, pretty much right where he started it at Barca. But I think he'll be lifting World Cup trophies long before that day comes....

That's probably where he'll end his career, pretty much right where he started it at Barca. But I think he'll be lifting World Cup trophies long before that day comes....

End his career where?

If i understand correctly your saying Barcelona if so that won't ever happen he won't coach them!

I think this will prove his biggest challenge after all in Italy he took over a side were already champions before he came his real achievement was winning the Champions League. I think in Spain even he knows he has the second best team Barca are just too strong and this will prove his biggest test it will be interesting how he goes in the transfer market.

La Liga is going to be even better despite it being a 2 team league bit like the SPL. Such is the superiority of Barca and Real over others it could well be a case of the 2 games they play between themsleves that decide the league. I don't think Madrid will win the league as for the Champions League you always need a little luck on your side!

You seem certain that he won't go there, did you have him on the phone last night ? :p

I would ask what makes you so sure he won't go there but then you'd just say what makes me so sure he will, and to be honest with you, I'm not sure and I don't know why but I just think he'll end up there. Call it poetic irony. Or the fact that he's already managing top clubs and Barca is the top of the tree.

Im not sure he will go to Barca. I think he hates the place and will use Real to try humilate them and to make a point. Not often I would say I would say I cant wait to watch some of La Liga.

La Liga is probably the strongest league in the world right now - Messi, Ronaldo, Villa? Seems like the place to watch. From what very little of it I saw last season I did at least see Messi score a few beautiful goals. That guy is an artist man lol.

I still think the english premier league is the best, certainly a bit more physical. Throw in some talented players in a few teams to me doesn't make it the best but is certainly worth watching. That is how I see La Liga.

Agree with you entirely about Messi - the guy is amazing. First saw him play few years back and he is incredible. Have you seen the vid of his amazing goal he scored and how similar it was the the fat twat maradona's goal against england?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzXsdZJ5AQ]YouTube - Messi VS Maradona[/ame]

Barca declined to get him when Frank Rijkaard went. The Catalans don't like him and his style of football which they class as 'negative'. He has joined their biggest rivals and even Mourinho doesn't seem too keen on Barcelona with his comments about them. I can't see it happening but thats just my opinion.

As for La Liga being the strongest i wouldn't agree in England we have a far stronger teams competition wise in Spain its a case of Madrid or Barca the other teams are miles apart. The main reason is that Madrid and Barca take so much of the Television money because they negotiate they own media rights. To be the strongest i think your overall league determines that and we have a better quality of clubs compared to Spain. We have Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool (lmao), Man City (ffs), Spurs and even Villa and Everton are getting stronger. In Spain the competition isn't as healty hence in my OPINION not the strongest league. The club side in the World yes in Barca they have the best club side but that doesn't mean strongest league!

I still think the english premier league is the best, certainly a bit more physical. Throw in some talented players in a few teams to me doesn't make it the best but is certainly worth watching. That is how I see La Liga.

Agree with you entirely about Messi - the guy is amazing. First saw him play few years back and he is incredible. Have you seen the vid of his amazing goal he scored and how similar it was the the fat twat maradona's goal against england?

YouTube - Messi VS Maradona

Never saw that goal, bloody identical....but I did see him take Arsenal apart piece by piece but more to the point in La Liga I saw him score a beautiful free kick from about 19-20 yards out....if I can describe it was right on top of the 18 yard box, what does he do ? deft little touch, the backspin and air on the ball curves it up sharply and it nestles softly into the bottom corner....ubelievably cool finish - most players just try to rifle it from there, but he just placed it easy as you like....that's why La Liga is worth watching! ;)

I think La Liga is the best league in europe, closely followed by the Premiership

Back