Sunray VU Solo2 (v2, revision 2) Temperature

ketmp

Satellite Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few people have commented that their Sunray Solo2 is showing a high temperature!

I therefore got myself a laser thermometer recently and did some checks and below are the results:-

8MJZn1q.jpg

It should be noted that during these tests, the temperature reported by my image is 47oC.

Area Temp Comments
[0] - 32oC - Temp as reported from top of Solo2 with lid on.
[1] - 35oC - Temp from CPU and Heatsink and immediate surrounding area
[2] - 30oC - Temp from detachable NAND flash IC chip
[3] - 35oC - Temp HDD (I have one fitted in my box) and of chips situated near HDD
[4] - 31oC - General temp of different areas of motherboard
[5] - 38oC - General temp of capacitors

Critera of test
My box was on for an hour before I checked temperatures and once I took top of Solo2 off, I checked the temperatures within a minute in case temperate cooled down due to lid being off.

Result
Well you can see for yourself that despite temperature of 47oC being reported by image, nowhere was the temperature near that, the closest temperature to 47oC was the capacitors.

The main thing I was concerned about was temperature of CPU/Heatsink and the immediate surrounding areas. The temperature of CPU/heatsink being 35oC was significantly lower than temperature reported by image (47oC).

My conclusion is that I don't believe there is actually a temperature issue to worry about. I think there is a problem with something related to the temperature sensor and possibly where this is situated with my guess being somewhere near the capacitors due to that being highest temperature I could find.

This was on my Sunray Solo2 v2, revision 2 (with independent/detachable NAND flash chip).

Yep simple way to tell is if your box is freezing and glitching on regular FTA channels then it can generally mean your box is overheating

Mines running at 60c
temperature fan control plugin

I just cranked the fans up a bit

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 12
My sunray vu solo 2 v2 runs cool as a cucumber.

I think that clone devices only have 2 wire fans and the fan control plugin only works with 3 or 4 pin fans. It needs feedback to work.

Please correct me if this is incorrect.

So what temp, according to your image, is your sunray solo2 running at?

Will check tonight mate

Will check tonight mate
Sorry, was aimed at @Kavakid as his box his running cool :).

Wondered if Sunray had fixed the problem with temp being reported really high.

@Rat, if your temp was actually 60 you would have stability issues like box freezing, etc.

I don't get any issues looks like false readings then on my part

It will be but why is your temp 60 when mind was around 50. Have you turned up fan speed to max

Not sure where you check temp according to the image? Just had a look around the PLi menus but can't see anything

Just cranked the fan up full
was running at 61c according to tempfancontrol plugin

Not sure where you check temp according to the image? Just had a look around the PLi menus but can't see anything
Not certain with pli but I know vix and atv have temp built into the 'info' screen I believe with fan control in another menu.

Nothing there on PLi
ideal time to try your sky hades backup ;) will check on that :)

In information it's covered Blue Blue HD logo lol
in temp fan control it says 61c

Have you increased fan speed to max and wait a few minutes to see if it comes down?

at max, will check in it again in a bit :)

58c fan full whack

The wife just pointed out to me its in a cupboard behind glass doors so maybe not enough ventilation

Yea that's is likely the reason and will explain why yours is slightly higher than what mine is.

Has your box is stable I wouldn't worry about it until things change :)

IMG_7097.JPG
So what temp, according to your image, is your sunray solo2 running at?

I have 3 of them all about 31c, same as my solo pro, solo mini and original VuDuo. Im running Black Hole 2.1.5.

View attachment 89171

I have 3 of them all about 31c, same as my solo pro, solo mini and original VuDuo. Im running Black Hole 2.1.5.
I know temp is normal in real life that's what this thread proves. I thought ur box displayed normal temp according to your image. It's Not an image issue.

I brought one of these USB Desktop fans today from Home Bargains £2.49 thought if it dont work only £2.49 wasted no big deal

well temp was up to about 68c and thought that does seem a little hot lol, receiver is in an enclosed cabinet hence not a lot of air circulating at all

anyway this little fan, along with internal fan has brought the temp down to 47c :) fan just blows around the cabinet
receiver is just warm to touch now, happy days

51ilSOP0XUL._SY300_.jpg

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 5
Back