Sun article RE:codes for freeview

al pacino

Senior Member +++
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
748
Reaction score
8
Location
Cuba
Taken from todays scottish sun :

'THOUSANDS of fans tuned into saturday's old firm game for free - after codes for setanta's pay-per-view TV were leaked on the internet .

Computer hackers have created a program to mimic the broadcaster's calculations for PIN numbers , letting freeview punters tune in for free

One celtic fan said "it was like christmas come early -but it must be embarassing for setanta that their encryption has been beaten so easily."



wonder if they'll change the system sooner rather than later...
 

nix9

Inactive User
Joined
Aug 21, 2001
Messages
676
Reaction score
6
Location
UK
Doesn't use encryption, this uses the xtraview code system. Well I suppose any hope of them having a non-slot PPV system nationwide has gone.
 

al pacino

Senior Member +++
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
748
Reaction score
8
Location
Cuba
Taken from the dailly record :

'Setanta have a contract with Top-UpTV and Freeview allowing fans to pay for individual SPL matches instead of having to subscribe to a 38-match package.


A spokesman for Setanta said: "Allegations of piracy are a concern, but it is actually Top-Up TV and Freeview who have lost out."


A spokesman for Top-Up TV said: "Websites which carried the number will certainly be prosecuted. We are making moves to trace viewers who used the illegal method and take action against them if necessary'

:(
 

access

Inactive User
Joined
Nov 19, 2005
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
I cant see any way they can stop this - except move to Top-UP TV cards and we can hack them as well.
 

hakz

Member ++
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
106
Reaction score
1
how do you watch sentanta? what channel number is it on freeview since i can't find it
 
F

firstborn

Guest
Hi Y'all

A mate from "up north" saw this exact artical in the paper - and has begged me to find out any info for him

So can any of you tell me where to find this "magic" software?

as i've spent the last 2.5 hours searching the net, apparently on the hunt for the Scottish Holy Grail (and it's of no use to me coz i'm in the Midlands - lol)

Anyway - thanx for reading and any help given :)

And BTW... NICE FORUM :Cheers:
 
F

firstborn

Guest
b3nnyb0y said:
lol i have access to it but i aint givng it out it was leaked b4 and sold on ebay im not gunna let it happen again :D
Mate that is totally understandable - but in all seriousness, i would never do a thing like that, it's just not my style - in fact that had never even occured to me

As i said before this isn't for me, it's for a friend in Scotland who is totally skint, and can not afford the prices

He's in every way, normally a very honest person (obviously getting games for free isn't too honest), and if i told him to keep it to himself - He absolutely would

I've no use for this software myself, as i don't live anywhere near Scotland - and wouldn't need it if i could recieve the damn channel as i have a Nokia 221T and could just enter the clearly available PID values

So if anyone could take pity on my football mad, but totally skint mate, please please, pass me a copy of this software. (it broke his bank, just paying the poxy 30 quid for the freeview box)

PM me if youd rather not speak in public - many thanx :Cheers:
 

DOS

Inactive User
Joined
May 26, 2005
Messages
507
Reaction score
2
Location
UK
You need it to login to a site, pm a moderator to get access.
 
Last edited:
F

firstborn

Guest
DOS said:
You need it to login to a site, pm a moderator to get access.
Not sure what you mean!

I understand there is a secret area on this site, which requires you to get a password from the Mod's

Is the software in there?
 

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2001
Messages
41,825
Reaction score
12,506
yes M8 the kegen is in the closed room
 
F

formica

Guest
Yeah mate im on the same boat as you here. I live in Newcastle and i got the girlfriens dad the first couple of games then the site closed down.

So I have all the software but its useless without the codes that they post 1 hour before matches KO.

Bit poor really.

Stu















firstborn said:
Mate that is totally understandable - but in all seriousness, i would never do a thing like that, it's just not my style - in fact that had never even occured to me

As i said before this isn't for me, it's for a friend in Scotland who is totally skint, and can not afford the prices

He's in every way, normally a very honest person (obviously getting games for free isn't too honest), and if i told him to keep it to himself - He absolutely would

I've no use for this software myself, as i don't live anywhere near Scotland - and wouldn't need it if i could recieve the damn channel as i have a Nokia 221T and could just enter the clearly available PID values

So if anyone could take pity on my football mad, but totally skint mate, please please, pass me a copy of this software. (it broke his bank, just paying the poxy 30 quid for the freeview box)

PM me if youd rather not speak in public - many thanx :Cheers:
 

dommac2000

Inactive User
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
254
Reaction score
4
formica said:
So I have all the software but its useless without the codes that they post 1 hour before matches KO.

Bit poor really.

Stu
WTF? If you're an active member here you'll get all the codes you need.
 

berley

Inactive User
Joined
Nov 27, 2005
Messages
839
Reaction score
23
Location
sunny scotland
first off hi everyone only just joined - i came across your forum while googling for some random numbers to put into a little box connected to my TV:littleang ha ha

i paid last week :mad: but since i'm a misreable wee scot that loves getting summit for nothing i'm hoping someone might take pity and tell me how i get this free :Cheers:
 
TEST
Top