Streaming info given and a VPID/PCRPID question

GaryTheGolfer

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK first of all apologies for yet another post on DreamBox streaming. By the number of posts on streaming, there seems to be a great deal of hit or miss about

streaming: For some people it seems that it works first time with VLC or Dreamview or Web-X-TV; For others it is almost an exercise in futility.

I now have most channels streaming again (DB to PC). I have outlined the process that worked for me below. Sorry if this retreads old ground but there must be lots

of folk who can't/haven't got streaming to work. It might help someone. After that I'll be asking for help to fix my current problem.

I am streaming from DB500C to PC via ethernet cable. A few months ago I had it working almost perfectly under Dreamview and Web-X-TV (and DW 1.6.5).

I upgraded to DW 2.0 (Excellent Image guys). I couldn't get streaming to work at all until tonight.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WORKING SETUP:
OK my setup is:
DW 2.0
Downgraded to VLC 0.8.5c (Nothing worked with 0.8.6d); Preference; Advanced Options; Under Stream Output; "Default stream output chain" enter "ALL" (No

quotes); Tick all 6 tick boxes below that.
Use IE7.
Enter DB ip address (eg 192.168.1.xxx); Log on with root/dreambox
Select Free to air channel eg BBC1.
Check streaming works (Chage to another FTA channel if necessary)
Select S*y channel
Check streaming works. If not, try changing DB to OLD Driver (Blue button on remote). If still not working, try changing CAM (EvoCam preferred to MgCam for

streaming, by me at least). If it still doesn't work, check the stream info to see if VPID = PCRPID........I bet it doesn't!

OK, I hope that helps someone.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MY PROBLEM:
If the VPID hex matches the PCRPID hex, streaming works (under Web-X-TV); If they don't match, then the streaming doesn't work. (This is mainly on S*tanta & S*y

channels.) Can someone let me know what's going on here. Can I use DreamBoxEdit to fix this problem eg change the VPID to match the PCRPID (or vice versa) or

is there another fix for this?

By the way ALL the channels clear on TV, it's just the streaming that fails when VPID is different from the PCRPID.

Any ideas apart from rescanning the whole DB would be welcome.
Thanks in Advance
Gary

Back