iPad stream ipad to tv

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi, i have a samsung tv that can play files off my pc etc, wanted to know if theres a way i can stream movies to my tv with out the need for apple tv, ? like start the movie on my ipad and set it to play on tv,
also if there is a software that does that but sort of in reverse lol, so i can go to my tv and click on media player and browse the movies etc on my ipad and play them that way ? like the sharing thing samsung tablets have ?
also if i end up playing the movie threw my tv i probably wont want to convert the movie files , so it doesnt effect the picture when playing threw tv, is there a way to do that ? thanks

Hi, thanks exos skifta worked for streaming from ipad to tv, start movie on ipad and stream like that, tried searching for playto on app store but kept bringing a chinese app up, description was in chinese also so god knows what app it was lol, only film ive tried so far though was one converted for the ipad , so picture was abit crap, but im going to try untouched movies see if it still plays them, would really like a app that does what android tablets do, if you go into settings on android theres a option, nearby devices its under, share you media files via dnla, when thats turned on i can use my tv remote to go into my files and choose anything i want to play or listen to etc, some thing like that would be great if anyone knows of such a app, thanks

hi, well ive found a program called media connect and my tv picks up the folders but no videos, just pictures, i read you need a another app to work with it called flex player which i downloaded for free off app store but theres a in app purchase for 5.50, ive tried the usually sites to see if i can find flex player on there but no joy, i would pay 5.50 if i knew it was going to definately work but reviews are mixed, so im not sure which best thing to do it, ive converted a tv series called jungle gold and put on my ipad but skifta has decided it does want to stream them files, has anyone got the apple tv ? i had quick look on ebay and people are making the most out of apple tv 2 , some are 200 odd quid, apple tv 3 are 90 quid, are they worth it ?

What TV box are you using?

If you have a Enigma 2 box you can use a plugin called airplayer

Where would we get said plugin

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, ive tried that airplayer plugin before which is pretty good, dint do mkv files though if i remember correctly,

Air video does it brilliantly.I have it in my comp and on ipad.Make sure the folders you want to use are in air video on comp.Connect ipad to tv with ipads on connecter with hdmi connecter.Start up air video and thats that

Back