Strangers can legally park on your drive

I did see it in the online news the other day too.

First though was to winch the car across the street if there was a convenient lamp or telegraph post to use.

I'm not sure how the law deals with objects left on your property and where the duty of care extends to with respects to that object. As far as I know it is a motoring offence to block someone's access. Are cars considered the same as other objects? Is it the same as storing a big rock on someone's drive?
Good point although a rock is hardly a possesion just a mere obstacle that nobody can claim and therefore can be removed. If the said car on your drive has no insurance or mot or tax and you are caught pushing it on the road who is committing the offence?.

Good point although a rock is hardly a possesion just a mere obstacle that nobody can claim and therefore can be removed. If the said car on your drive has no insurance or mot or tax and you are caught pushing it on the road who is committing the offence?.

It might be a rock that I own, it could have a specific sentimental value to me.

Would it depend on whether the owner of the drive has a driving licence? Can you commit a motoring offence without one?

This is probably why there is some buck-passing. Civil offence - Motoring offence... Nobody wants to touch it.

I did see it in the online news the other day too.

First though was to winch the car across the street if there was a convenient lamp or telegraph post to use.

I'm not sure how the law deals with objects left on your property and where the duty of care extends to with respects to that object. As far as I know it is a motoring offence to block someone's access. Are cars considered the same as other objects? Is it the same as storing a big rock on someone's drive?
"The Ask The Police website says: "Under no circumstances would we advocate you merely pushing the vehicle onto a road and leaving it there, as you may commit a number of offences."

It suggests that individuals should call their local police on 101, or 999 if an emergency response is required, for instance if the car is leaking petrol, contains gas bottles or is parked dangerously."

Source

"The Ask The Police website says: "Under no circumstances would we advocate you merely pushing the vehicle onto a road and leaving it there, as you may commit a number of offences."

It suggests that individuals should call their local police on 101, or 999 if an emergency response is required, for instance if the car is leaking petrol, contains gas bottles or is parked dangerously."

Source
If the original owner had left the keys in the car would you become the new owner then?as possession is 9/10 of the law. Then sell the pile of shite. Sorted.🏃‍♂👍

Source

It wasn't me.

Also, I was going to pull it, not push.

I see 🤔 a push me pull me. Now that is a seriarse offence.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I put it to you that Mr Spectre pushed the aforementioned car from his driveway. Is this true Mr Spectre?

No. That is not true.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I put it to you that Mr Spectre pushed the aforementioned car from his driveway. Is this true Mr Spectre?

No. That is not true.
Owning a push me pull me requires a licence young man they are a very rare breed. Are you Mr Spectre in possession of the said licence?. I do believe you can get a fortune per tonnage for the manure from one of those beasts. Illegal selling of the manure is also a very seriarse offence. The Jury finds you guilty Mr Spectre you are going down sunny boy.

If you have gates across your drive that are closed, would opening them not be classed as entering without permission?

I would be draining the oil and disconnecting the oil pressure switch. ;)
Could you change the air filter and check the brakes while you are at it because it's not been serviced yet. See you in 2 weeks. Oh by the way can you give it a valet my good man.🤔😉

if I found someones car in my garage and was not my car I would have fun,see if I could re do the timing by removing the cam belt and see if I could remove most of engine blind folded if I did well sell it on ebay lmao.if its on your ground its yours to do as you want,call mr scrap man ,in your garage ,I no longer need this car you can take it and crush it lol lmao.or take petrol out oil out top it with sand sugar and for new oil add paint with some petrol as new oil boom lol
not my car.then charge the person for storageat £500.00 per day.lolhe /she might say you damaged my car ,well was in my garage thouge it might be my car as its in my property.nice car lol

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 9
if I found someones car in my garage and was not my car I would have fun,see if I could re do the timing by removing the cam belt and see if I could remove most of engine blind folded if I did well sell it on ebay lmao.if its on your ground its yours to do as you want,call mr scrap man ,in your garage ,I no longer need this car you can take it and crush it lol lmao.or take petrol out oil out top it with sand sugar and for new oil add paint with some petrol as new oil boom lol
not my car.then charge the person for storageat £500.00 per day.lolhe /she might say you damaged my car ,well was in my garage thouge it might be my car as its in my property.nice car lol
All the above would be illegal as I would already have invoked my squatter rights and you would have no right to enter the garage without my permission or a court order. :)

yes but mr scrap man does not care lol hes taken it away,and gave me £50 quid lol

in Scotland we have a saying your fooked and so is the car lmao ,my note on the garage says clear park your car here its my property park at own risk .if someone was that dumb I would take it out strip it cut it up and sell,they would need to prove they parked it without permission ,if its in my property its my property now to do by the time anyone can do anything its done .lol lmao the fun is great lol

If its private land. You can then put up a sign saying 'illegally parked cars will be wheel clamped and fine issued' Its your land and you can make up the rules?

either that i'd park behind them and make sure they can't get out!
And you would have the same chance as those private car park companies of getting paid mate

in Scotland we have a saying your fooked and so is the car lmao ,my note on the garage says clear park your car here its my property park at own risk .if someone was that dumb I would take it out strip it cut it up and sell,they would need to prove they parked it without permission ,if its in my property its my property now to do by the time anyone can do anything its done .lol lmao the fun is great lol
There is no trespass law in scotland which is strange

Back