Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strange fault 1000b

Lance

Inactive User
I havnt come across this one before.Its on a 1000b in ex cw.
On booting, the box quickly flashes up CONT on the display and then restarts again.The box has been working fine.
Checking the em and everything is as normal but the box continues to display the same and reboot?
Any ideas anybody.

Cheers.

Sounds like the box has developed a fault and can no longer communicate with one of its hardware devices.

Sounds like the box has developed a fault and can no longer communicate with one of its hardware devices.
Thansk nozzer,i found a bent contact on the sim socket,after fixing that the box boots as normal.I would have thought that it would have gave me an error 2 message instead?

depends what pin it was that was bent. If it was simply a case of causing a Simm failure then maybe you'd get the Err 2. As you were getting the CONT error then the pin being bent was likely affecting something else.

depends what pin it was that was bent. If it was simply a case of causing a Simm failure then maybe you'd get the Err 2. As you were getting the CONT error then the pin being bent was likely affecting something else.
For future referance,what does the CONT error stand for, do we know?

Back