step by step guide for tm5402 d ???

squig007

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi thinking of buying on of these boxes for my afther for xmas but im used to linux boxes and havnt a clue about the non linux tm boxes .

is there a step by step guide on how i load the patches, a cline and epg etc ,.. and how i can record once usb hdd is added ??

squig007

Have a look here: Download center

As a 76 year old I found it reasonably easy to set up but I did have a 1500 before the 5402. Patches are loaded via a usb memory stick and recordings direct from the remote control.

Hope this helps.

thanks for your reply. i dont have the time to read the stuff at the minute - but what im referring to is the non technomate patches and add on's that are avaiabel ffor the reciever also i dont think the manual tells us how to input a cline or does it ?

for adding c-lines have a read here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/189322/ it will get clearer when your
actualy ready for it when you have your tm patched and addon added and you have the "8281" menu working you press 8281 while watching a channel and then put in your pin or default pin "0000" this will get you into server menu when patched. patches are in link peatbog gave you

Last edited by a moderator:
you can also add the cline etc by usb from a simple text file, i have posted a tutorial on how to do this somewhere in here.

if you have the files on a usb stick ready, itll take less than 4 mins to be up and running m8.

i have a usb stick with the latest patch, the latest addon patch (for cccam etc), a text file that links back to my own house server, a blank text file for clines, and a channel list. as well as the official TM firmware.

when i install these systems, im always asked 'how do i know itll work with CS once youre gone?' because, as an installer, i can only fit boxes with official firmware on them.

so, i put in my usb stick, patch the receiver, then patch with the addon, add a channel list, and add the text file with details for my own house. restart the receiver and show them sly sports etc working. i then overwrite the CS file with the blank one, overwrite the patch with the official TM firmware, and leave with the customer knowing that his system works, once he patches it and gets a providor

Back