SS Enigma V4 AU Problem

rodboy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running the SS Enigma V4 image for a couple of weeks now without a hitch.........until earlier this week when the image reverted back to FTA only.

My first thoughts were that the keys must have rolled and a reboot would sort me out. Unfortunately this was not the case, the image would not AU.

My next thought was that maybe the image had gone read only / corrupt due to my adding logos, cables.xml etc, so I reflashed with an earlier saved backup but alas, still no joy.

Next I reflashed AL's image and once the keys cleared I saved the keylist.txt file. I then relashed my backup of SSE4 and dropped the up to date keylist.txt file in..........again no joy........FTA only !!!

Last night I downloaded a clean copy of the image and started over. For educational testing purposes I dropped camd2 and evocamd into var/bin and chmodded both to 755. I then dropped the keys folder from AL's image into this image. I selected evocamd and ucode 001A from the blue button menu then rebooted but I am still only able to receive FTA !!!!!

I can't remember if I made any changes to the start_enigma file first time round !!??

Am I missing something simple in my haste to get this image back up and running ?? If I don't get it fixed soon the wife will settle back very quickly into her neutrino comfort zone.

Maybe the bigman can help me out here since I know he lives in the same town as I do.

Cheers

Rod,

Struggling to offer any real advice other than to say that SSE4 still working fine OK for me so its probably not an inherent problem with SSE4.

I haven't made any changes to start_enigma files etc , just using the base image + educational accessories and some of the updates available from the online addins like yourself.

Could it be a problem from your provider, but as your getting FTA does this negate that train of thought, and of course just realsied you said you flashed a neutrino image which worked OK, so thats ones on the head !

Hope you get it sorted soon, be interesting to learn what the issue is/was

Freddy

Thanks for the reply Freddy.

The annoying thing is that it worked first time around no problems at all !??

I want to get to the bottom of this because I think the image is the dogs bollocks and is currently my preferred image.

I'm sure I will get it going again and will keep you posted.

Absolutely its the dogs breakfast, best image quality by a mile, and for me absoluetly rock solid, never misses a beat.

Ill keep an eye on the thread, good luck

Just in from work, you up and running yet Rod?

thebigman

Just in from work, you up and running yet Rod?

thebigman

Just this minute back up and running........thank fook !! I thought I was going to have to come round and knock on your door, LOL

Dumped the keys and EMUs from the image ( originally from a working copy of AL's V2.1 image ?? ) then reloaded Gav's keys /EMUs from Laky Pro 1 and job done....AU'd immediately.

As far as I can see the only thing different is I am now using an older fat version of evocamd and not the newer skinny one................??

Anyway, all fixed.......thanks for your replies.

Back