Spark or E2

Flump

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
The Amiko Alien 2 can use Spark or E2 OS.
Which in your opinion would be better for operating/communicating on a home network?
Thanks
Flump

OK....
Anyone got an Amiko Alien 2 running Spark or E2 and using for a home network share?
If so do you get many problems with glitches or freezing etc?
Thanks
Flump

I stream from a PC upstairs over ethernet and never have any bandwidth problems on either. With the advancement of E2 images lately it's very rarely I boot back to spark.

I think that E2 is a bit tricky and also slower, so I am using Spark.

The E2 image on the Alien 2 is not as mature as some of the other boxes. I have just bought the VU+ Solo2, my mate purchase the Alien 2 - loved it for the money, but just not as slick as the Solo 2 IMO; but ½ the price. Things like local storage device mappings dropping off and feature set, but has all of the basics. If comparing prices on the Alien - watch the model - often adds are generic - are you pricing the Alien Triple tuner or other derivatives?

also dont run spark if your running a clone alien as the firmware images install a timebomb that stuffs the u loader up!

hi
i find spark and e2 working very well no freezz problems at all:Smileysex

can the spark os run a bouquet updater?

or can i use e2 plugins when spark is running?

E2 plugins will not run on SPARK, dont know if SPARK has it's own bouquet updater plugin.

Back