Southern electric havin a laugh ?

sirius5e

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got back from a city break and Southern electric have sent a letter saying "based on the reading we have your gas bill is £4,400.99"

:ASSFLASH:

We pay by DD for both gas and elec at a higher monthly figure than necessary ,just in case, at the last look they owed us a fair wedge, about £450.
They have not read the meter in 12 months and every 3 months they send out a statement saying they owe us £xx amount and it will be credited to our account !!!

So how the F**k do they arrive at £4,400,99 !?

Only thing I can think is if meter has not been read in 12 months, then you have been getting a estimated statement.... either 1) you have used more gas than estimated at a higher rate due to the increases. 2) your meter is wankered lol 3) S/E are trying it on.... !

Get a reading done to them either online or over the phone, and get a correct amount.

Just about to phone them m8 , what gets me is this kind of letter could send some people over the edge !
A bill of this size is not even feasible to my mind in 12 months, going to have a right rant on telling bone now, may even switch provider again.

Thanks RAB - P , interesting reading that :proud:

What still gets me is how did they get to the outcome of me owing them over £4 k when they have not read the bloody meter .

Thanks RAB - P , interesting reading that :proud:

What still gets me is how did they get to the outcome of me owing them over £4 k when they have not read the bloody meter .

Maybe they have applied the reading to the wrong account.

Does your meter reading match the reading on the invoice?

everytime southern electric read my meter, i always seem to owe more and more, me and my missus are careful with the leccy and still somehow we pay 100 quid a month for out 1 bedroom flat!! i just dont understand how it keeps happening!

everytime southern electric read my meter, i always seem to owe more and more, me and my missus are careful with the leccy and still somehow we pay 100 quid a month for out 1 bedroom flat!! i just dont understand how it keeps happening!
fook me mate thats alot for a 1 bedroom flat, i have a prepay box and live in a 4 bedroom house, lucky if we need to put 20 quid a week on!

I would get it checked m8 thats a lot... sounds like you have a leak some where

That has to be an error unless you have an immersion heater on 24 hours a day ( or something like that ). I live in 4 bed house with electric shower used often and pay only £19 a month for leccy.

you got electric storage heaters, ive heard they eat up the credit

Back