Sound Issues On TM5402 HD CI Super

Arfer Daley

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Folks I have a weird sound problem while watching recorded stuff thru usb the sound goes off if I remove the stick or the harddrive and play it on my pc I works fine all the way thru problem seems to be mp4 and mkv I do have too point out these are files I have downloaded and not files of my own making is god judging me :Drums: seriously tho its annoying I enclose a jpeg for your scrunity on file details thanks for any advice

Hi Folks I have a weird sound problem while watching recorded stuff thru usb the sound goes off if I remove the stick or the harddrive and play it on my pc I works fine all the way thru problem seems to be mp4 and mkv I do have too point out these are files I have downloaded and not files of my own making is god judging me :Drums: seriously tho its annoying I enclose a jpeg for your scrunity on file details thanks for any advice
hello
after daley

it sounds like you need to format the usb with the box, wot frimwear are you on? ( remember that when you format the usb you will lose wot ever you have on it, it will be blank ) you can put it into you pc/laptop and open a new folder and put wot you have on the usb in the file and save it then when you have the usb formated with the box you can put the files back on to the usb.
hope this helps :)

HI Slyboxhd the firmware is 1.27 I think which is wot was on the machine when I purchased it don't think their are any updates as of yet I doubt their will be now as been a few new boxes out from the tm5402 hd not tried any of the patches I am a bit reluctant to get into the patch side of things don't want too brick the box wifey wont be pleased :Jester: she does like here cbs drama etc thanks for the advice will just have too keep an eye on the problem poss iffy files

HI Slyboxhd the firmware is 1.27 I think which is wot was on the machine when I purchased it don't think their are any updates as of yet I doubt their will be now as been a few new boxes out from the tm5402 hd not tried any of the patches I am a bit reluctant to get into the patch side of things don't want too brick the box wifey wont be pleased :Jester: she does like here cbs drama etc thanks for the advice will just have too keep an eye on the problem poss iffy files
hello
after Daley

im glad you'v said your on 127 as this frimwear has sound porblems and im sure that if you load this frimwear (Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_128p_11-03-2013 - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums) it will sort out your problem and you will have youtube and hardsation working :proud:
when you load the frimwear your line info will still be there algo with the addon but its always best to have a backup.
hears how i would install the frimwear: frist thing do a factor reset then load the frimwear, when the box comes back to language where its asking wot one you'll go english then go and do an other factor reset, then go to TM ONLINE ( this is not on your frimwear 127 ) you will find it buy going: menu/entertainment and you should see it on the right hand side, it will connect to technomate server witch has frimwear (you dont need as you have the firmwear already on :) )and channel list's on it ( witch you need ) so you can download frimwear but downloading frimwear is very very slow your alot fast downloading it your self and loading it though usb ( if you have any problems loading the frimwear let me know ) so i only use it for the channel list's but at the mo there is only one uptodate channel list for 28.2e, if you scroll down the list of channel lists near the bottom there is one called d28.2e dated 26/6/13 its a good list and have seen that BT SPORTS is on it :)
hope this helps and if you have any problems with putting the frimwear on to usb i can help you though teamviewer if you want? :Cheers:
can also help you with saving stuff from your usb to your lapto/pc like i had suggested " you can put it into you pc/laptop and open a new folder and put wot you have on the usb in the file and save it then when you have the usb formated with the box you can put the files back on to the usb" though teamviewer ;)

Last edited:
Back