Sound card with a 2 pin spdif connection

Kryton

<font color="PINK">I LOVE PINK</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
My graphic card has a 2 pin spdif connector for passing audio through the hdmi cable
unfortunately my motherboard hasn't got an onboard spdif output
so I'm looking for a sound card that has a 2 pin spdif header so I can pass the sound straight through my graphic card to my tv via the hdmi cable
so I don't have to use my pc speakers.

This is what I'm trying to achieve : My NVIDIA graphics card came with an internal SPDIF pass through audio cable to send audio from my motherboard to an HDTV. How do I connect the cable to my motherboard?

And I've already got the cable: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vi...H&itemId=161067280399&clk_rvr_id=508294314906

can anybody point me in the right direction to a sound card that has this connector
thanks

Have a look at the Asus Xonar DSX.

I'll have to check Creative's offerings when I get home as work's machines only have IE8 installed, which can't understand the CSS that many tech sites use today.

[edit]
I can't find a card in the current Creative line up with a SPDIF header. If you have, or can get hold of, an Audigy 2, this might be of interest: Adding Dolby Digital 5.1

Unfortunately it looks like you might only get stereo pass through from SPDIF, at least on the cheaper cards.

If you're hooking up to your TV that isn't going to be a problem. However, if going to an amp you might want to consider splashing out on the Asus Xonar HDAV1.3, but at ~£80 on ebay and £100+ elsewhere it might be a bit more than you want to spend?

Last edited:
Back