Sony KDL22PX300 Has BRAVIA Internet Video Access And Sony PlayStation 2 Built In £199

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sony KDL22PX300 Has BRAVIA Internet Video Access And Sony PlayStation 2 Built In

If you think a Sony 22 inch HD TV for this price sounds like a good deal then consider this.
The Sony KDL22PX300 also has BRAVIA Internet Video Access and a full Sony PlayStation 2 built-in!

Yes you did read that correctly a Sony PS2 built-in!
This means that you can not only playback DVDs and CDs through the TV but also any old Play Station games you may still have.
Perfect for the bedroom games room or office we're expecting this Sony TV to be a big hit.

Ideal for smaller rooms, the Sony KDL-22PX300 doesn't compromise on picture quality.
Featuring a BRAVIA Engine 3 HD Ready screen this portable Sony offers excellent resolution.
Dynamic Contrast ensures that all shades between pitch black and brilliant white are perfectly maintained.
This gives a true sense of realism and improved definition.
Other features such as a 3D comb filter and MPEG noise reduction ensure a clean sharp picture whatever the source.

Like any small and flat TV the Sony KDL22PX300 is limited in terms of sound output.
Having said that this particular Sony comes packed with added sound enhancements.
S-Force boosts the sound and Clear Voice makes dialogue easier to follow.
There's also a wide range of surround effect modes plus the option of outputting the sound via a digital output.

When it comes to features and connections the KDL22PX300 has to be the very best in its class.
For a start there's BRAVIA Internet Video onboard.
Simply connect to your home network via Ethernet
(or wi-fi by optional dongle) and enjoy access to YouTube, Lovefilm, BBC iPlayer plus many other sites.

Then of course there's the PS2 built-in.
This comes with a single controller and is brilliant fun for playing all those classic old games on.
Should you not want to play games then you can simply use it as a decent quality DVD and CD player.

For a TV with so much built-in the number of connections is hugely impressive.
There can't be many if any other 22 inch TVs out there with 4 HDMI sockets but that's how many the Sony has.

Added to this is SCART component a PC input twin optical digital outputs headphone and audio outputs 3 USB sockets (2 at USB 1.1) and 2 Ethernet connections.

Without doubt this is the most comprehensively equipped 22 inch TV we've ever seen!

£199

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Re: Sony KDL22PX300 Has BRAVIA Internet Video Access And Sony PlayStation 2 Built In

that is bloody awesome isnt it :)

Re: Sony KDL22PX300 Has BRAVIA Internet Video Access And Sony PlayStation 2 Built In

bet you cant use swapmagic though

Hi

Im quite new to HD TV.

Do you think this TV will play back video files on an usb stick / external HD? I had a look on Sony's site but couldnt really figure it out.

I almost bought an LG today but then I noticed the usb thing only allowed for playing back jpgs and music! (the kid at PC World had told me wouldnt be a problem, but I checked on Google and it seems you would need to hack it with a Windows Palm phone, etc!) Lesson learned: always take what the staff there tells you with a grain of salt!

Anyway, Im really impressed by this Sony and I think I will treat myself to an early Christmas present... but it will depend on usb / video file playback ability.

Also, my mate recently bought a 22" HD Ready Technika (Tesco brand) but we were wondering why it doesnt pick up any Freeview HD channels? (it has Freeview built in)

Cheers

Last edited:

Hi

Im quite new to HD TV.

Do you think this TV will play back video files on an usb stick / external HD? I had a look on Sony's site but couldnt really figure it out.

I almost bought an LG today but then I noticed the usb thing only allowed for playing back jpgs and music! (the kid at PC World had told me wouldnt be a problem, but I checked on Google and it seems you would need to hack it with a Windows Palm phone, etc!) Lesson learned: always take what the staff there tells you with a grain of salt!

Anyway, Im really impressed by this Sony and I think I will treat myself to an early Christmas present... but it will depend on usb / video file playback ability.

Also, my mate recently bought a 22" HD Ready Technika (Tesco brand) but we were wondering why it doesnt pick up any Freeview HD channels? (it has Freeview built in)

Cheers

im not gonna ask if youve connected an aerial to the technika because that would be obvious! im assuming you scanned for channels if so you may need to reset the tv to factory settings and then rescan and if its still not working check the aerial

sorry just re read your post
the technika is only hd ready you would need an external freeview hd receiver as it wont play hd on its own

most tv's with freeview built in don't have builtin hd freeview.
madness but it's the way things are :(

Back