Sony Aw10 Help Needed!

thevman2k5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, im really come stuck, i have a sony aw10 projector. from my ntl pace box i have used a scart to componant convertor. and connected componant to componant to the projector.

However, im getting an error on the projector.

Frequency out of range. Can someone please help

The message suggests that the ntl box isn't supplying a signal within the supported frequency range of the projector.

However, make sure you've selected the Input-A source and that its set to 'Auto' in the setup screen - if it is already set to Auto change it to 'Video GBR'. Manual here: http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_manual_3675.pdf

Also check that all the connections are hooked up correctly, they should be colour coded.

Might be worth checking that the cable isn't damaged by hooking hook up an alternative RGB/component source (e.g. DVD player).

thnk, but still no luck, the image comes up with all green lines and a distorted image then goes of and the error message frequency out of range appears. any other ideas

well what i have got is on the ntl i got a scart to component convertor. then run the componant leads from the convertor to the projector.

Yes, but SCART doesn't officially support YPbPr as a standard - although some manufacturers do wire up their SCART sockets to support YPbPr its not universal. Therefore if its not working on either the RGB or YPbPr settings at the projector end its more likely to be at the STB end.

If the pace box isn't auto detecting to output RGB SCART (or YPbPr if its supported), its looking like you'll have to set it manually. Unfortunatly I'm unfamiliar with cable so have no idea how you would do this. A search for 'pace ntl rgb' brings up loads of results but nothing on how to set it up but does tell me that there are several different models. Perhaps googling the model number for the pace box for the manual will bring it up.

Back