Hi I REALLY need help- DOGS BARKING bad neighbour

I know you want to be nice, but being nice is not getting you anywhere and your now probably spend more time on this than is reasonably needed You need to say to yourself. What is it I want, what have i already tried and how has it worked out. Then make a decision. You either take one of the more sensible bits of advice above. I.e phone council, rscpa etc and be done with it. If your worried about retaliation from him you can say you are thinking of the dogs and your stress levels. You could even offer to let them out for toilet if your really wanting to be nice! (bit of a push but just putting it out there)

If you don't want to do any suggestions above then you either move flat, or live with it. Whatever you decide you need to make a decision as being 'nice' is probably why he's not bothering to solve the issue.

I'd leave this on a loop full wack when you go out, make sure you have the speakers pointing up:-

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

then make one of these , when you here the fookers yacking zap them with your Dog Ray Gun.Look at 3mins 40secs to see what it can do ;-

I reckon that's only 14kHz :).

When I entered the tv trade I was tested and managed between 19Hz and 23Kz which was fairly uncommon. Just gave myself a slightly inaccurate test and only managed 20Hz to around 14.5Khz, I am nearly 62 though.

This is inaccurate freq to what is shown 16kHz is more to 18kHz , older u get more def u are on top freq ;)

I reckon that's only 14kHz :).

I measured it at about 13.6kHz, I thought it was 14kHz when I was comparing it to the hearing test above by ear.

dog1.png

This is inaccurate freq to what is shown 16kHz is more to 18kHz , older u get more def u are on top freq ;)

I measured my soundcard output at the time the video caption said 16kHz as below. The fundamental frequency does appear to be 16kHz.

dog2.png

I would have done that in MATLAB but I haven't got round to installing it and Download Flash and Video seems to have stopped working on YT although I'm sure I was forcing it to not use HTML5...

You should try living in Portugal mate, barking dogs are everywhere!
Your neighbour sounds like an arsehole, so I wouldn't worry about falling out with him as you'll be no worse off.
But however satisfying it is, the trouble with "fighting fire with fire" (i.e. retaliating with noise) is he might just record you making the noise and end you up in trouble.
So do make complaints to the council/housing association, SPCA, Environmental health (noise and stink), even the police (anti-social behaviour) - so it is all recorded in writing.
Is the house above rented? Pets might break the rental agreement???

Back