Some great news

j t holder

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all just to let you no my spirder 9000 hd is now open with all channels on 4-8E 7-E Hotbird sky sports italia 13- E 16-E 19.2-E 23.5-E 28.3-E 0.8-W 1.0 -W Some other good news 5 sports channels fta on Eutel 16-e, 1 would like to thank the spirder box team for a great box,

Thanks inadvance,

J T HOLDER,

no offence mate but the channels you are getting are not provided by spiderbox as you have a payserver line which can be added to a £60 openbox if required for the extra channels you say you are getting so please to stop confusing others do not say you are getting channels provided by spiderbox gift that are not .
you have a payserver line its back working now so thank the payserver provider not the spiderbox team as they have not done this for you

What halfman halflager says is perfectly true you can add a line to the Openbox S9 or even the S10 and open exactly the same channels as you open with the Spiderbox.. I have a Spiderbox 9000 combo also both the S9 and S10 and whilst I can receive the same channels the picture quality on both is nowhere near the quality I get on my Spiderbox. Now to go a little deeper the S9 I have is a genuine Openbox not a clone and I find on rapid screen movements a "yellowish" shadow around the moving image which fades reasonably quickly.
I just dont get this with my Spiderbox.
To be honest in my opinion the Spiderbox is the better made of the three and having just spent 2 months playing with my S9 and S10 (also a HDX4 = X403p) I have gone back to my Spiderbox, it in (again my opinion) is the best receiver I've had in it's price bracket.

I think you must have a problem elsewhere other than the S9 as I have had one connected to a philips 40" hd tv and i do not have any such shadow and I have never heard of anyone else with it either I have three i maintain and no-one on any forum has ever mentioned your problem

I watch rugby league and tennis , motogp and F1 all very fast moving action sports

edogg

Believe me the shadow is there and with the S10 it gets worse or better depending on which software I use. I think possibly the HDMI drive levels are a bit high and causing this effect.

Billiant hd picture on a 60in tv a lot better than virgin hd best thing I have spent me coppers on for while, Three cheers for me spider box 9000 hd.

Billiant hd picture on a 60in tv a lot better than virgin hd best thing I have spent me coppers on for while, Three cheers for me spider box 9000 hd.

The quality of Spiderbox HD has never been in question so I am confused by your comments in fact I am confused about the whole point of this and other threads are you looking for forum kudos points or something? Or is it advertising for the spiderbox?

What halfman halflager says is perfectly true you can add a line to the Openbox S9 or even the S10 and open exactly the same channels as you open with the Spiderbox.. I have a Spiderbox 9000 combo also both the S9 and S10 and whilst I can receive the same channels the picture quality on both is nowhere near the quality I get on my Spiderbox. Now to go a little deeper the S9 I have is a genuine Openbox not a clone and I find on rapid screen movements a "yellowish" shadow around the moving image which fades reasonably quickly.
I just dont get this with my Spiderbox.
To be honest in my opinion the Spiderbox is the better made of the three and having just spent 2 months playing with my S9 and S10 (also a HDX4 = X403p) I have gone back to my Spiderbox, it in (again my opinion) is the best receiver I've had in it's price bracket.

But your point is not really valid, that is to say there is a massive gap in the price bracket of the spiderbox HD and the 2 openboxes you mentioned, if it is all about value for money then the HD openboxes win hands down.

have to agree with manicuk having owned a spiderbox and yep good picture quality on hd not badly built it is still only an oem box and got sold for the channels it is supposed to open and when service+ went and then became as stable as a stagg party on a buckfast binge and channels opened one day and not the next i got rid i had problems running my c line and n line on it as would just disconect and every one told you at the time to extend your viewing buy a line and if you stated it did not run correctly it was never the box (but why should have to do this as you have paid for one when you bought the box ) its like going on an all inclusive holiday that includes food and drink and then being told we are rebuilding the bar and restaraunt but you can buy your beer and food down the road.
any way after selling the spider after a while a bought the little orton/opticum x4 a third of the price of the spiderbox faster channel response cracking picture on sd and hd simple to use and the bonus it ran my lines no problem no disconections no bad glitches a lot better than the spider ever did.
the orton/opticum i consider good value as you can connect to some built in servers as well never tried them so can not comment on what they are like the openbox owners consider there boxes good value same as the clone 800 owners .
and as i stated in my post to the op any of these boxes can run the pay line he has bought to add to his spidebox some at a third of the price of the spiderbox if you are enjoying your viewing then fair play but remember servers can shut down overnight and try this experiment switch your pay lines off and turn your service+ gift on then surf the channels and you will then see what the spiderbox is giving you and how stable it is
just my opinions you understand and i am sure the owners of the maxx1000 or protek another value reciever allthough sd can list a long channel list of what that reciever opens and some have had there boxes going for over 2 years and paid under a £100 so that is also great value for money box not having owned one i can not comment on the reliability of that server .
so just to say there are great value budget boxes out there not just the spiderbox

Last edited:
@ Halfman
What are the model numbers of your boxes as they seem QI ?
the box i have is orton hd x403p also called opticum same firmware used same size as openbox s10 but has scart out and a 396mhz ali processor i think openbox is 300mhz
not a bad box for the money i got mine from a china seller on the bay about £65 delivered there is some videos on you tube for this box

the box i have is orton hd x403p also called opticum same firmware used same size as openbox s10 but has scart out and a 396mhz ali processor i think openbox is 300mhz
not a bad box for the money i got mine from a china seller on the bay about £65 delivered there is some videos on you tube for this box

There are a few receivers using the same software the X403p/iBOX HDX4 both seem identical in function and again this is my opinion the software available is superior to that being offered for the S10 (no doubt this will improve in time).
The menu's and layout are far better that the S10 also as above you have a choice of SCART or HDMI outputs whereas the S10 only has HDMI.

no offence mate but the channels you are getting are not provided by spiderbox as you have a payserver line which can be added to a £60 openbox if required for the extra channels you say you are getting so please to stop confusing others do not say you are getting channels provided by spiderbox gift that are not .
you have a payserver line its back working now so thank the payserver provider not the spiderbox team as they have not done this for you

!!!!! Thanks To pay server !!!!!
Thanks To His Own Money....and to no one else.

There are a few receivers using the same software the X403p/iBOX HDX4 both seem identical in function and again this is my opinion the software available is superior to that being offered for the S10 (no doubt this will improve in time).
The menu's and layout are far better that the S10 also as above you have a choice of SCART or HDMI outputs whereas the S10 only has HDMI.

Thanks Halfman & Jimi
My search goes on I think, the x403p is hard to get a price for let alone buy, but I'll go check ebay now. I just want a couple of cheap boxes to give a stable pic on a 2.1.4 line I have one of the glitchy spidey's.

Thanks Halfman & Jimi
My search goes on I think, the x403p is hard to get a price for let alone buy, but I'll go check ebay now. I just want a couple of cheap boxes to give a stable pic on a 2.1.4 line I have one of the glitchy spidey's.

To be honest I would reinstall the software but do it this way.
Backup your channel list.
Do a factory reset.
Download and install the Feb patch (dont at this stage use the internet download).
Do a second factory reset.*
Reinstall your channel list.
Press menu then 1111 to enable the softcam and Network.
Go into network and set to on.
Select Service+ and set to on.
Now re-enter your Line details and click on Apply.
I have used my 9000 combo (same software as the 9000 patch) on many versions of CCCam up to 2.1.4 and it worked with every version.

* The second factory reset after patching IS essential.

To be honest I would reinstall the software but do it this way.
Backup your channel list.
Do a factory reset.
Download and install the Feb patch (dont at this stage use the internet download).
Do a second factory reset.*
Reinstall your channel list.
Press menu then 1111 to enable the softcam and Network.
Go into network and set to on.
Select Service+ and set to on.
Now re-enter your Line details and click on Apply.
I have used my 9000 combo (same software as the 9000 patch) on many versions of CCCam up to 2.1.4 and it worked with every version.

* The second factory reset after patching IS essential.

I guess this is for my spidey problem, is it?

Back