solo se

Re: hands on the new vu+solo se

there will be no genuine dual tuner - its meant to be a second box for bedroom/kids room etc
AJT do you/will you have USB DVB-T working with it? Im planning to get it but need the usb DVB-T that works with no problems
because it works only with the latest kernel and drivers I prefer someone else to do the usb DVB-T tests ;)

there will be no genuine dual tuner - its meant to be a second box for bedroom/kids room etc
AJT do you/will you have USB DVB-T working with it? Im planning to get it but need the usb DVB-T that works with no problems
because it works only with the latest kernel and drivers I prefer someone else to do the usb DVB-T tests ;)

Sundtek USB DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial HD Tuners,works on every other vu+ box and dont see why it wont be good for SE.

Its for my parents so I just want to buy >> install >> and forget about it ;)

I searched around and found an image for solo se by VTI..can not wait for Vix its not very cleaver vti but it works and its better than the factory image..just about.!!

I searched around and found an image for solo se by VTI..can not wait for Vix its not very cleaver vti but it works and its better than the factory image..just about.!!

How does it compare to the solo2? Been thinking about getting one as getting abit tired of messing around with the clone to keep it working?

this receiver is new on market???

hands on the new vu+solo se

The only thing id miss is the no internal hard drive. Can you use an external one?

But then again is there much use of a hard drive if the box is only single tuner which cannot record

Last edited:

But then again is there much use of a hard drive if the box is only single tuner which cannot record

Why ever do you believe you can not record using a single tuner receiver ?, of course you can. You can record any channel while the receiver is in standby and even when watching a channel, you still have access to any other channel on the same quadrant, granted it's not the same as having a proper twin tuner but you still have options.

But can I watch one channel whole recording another?

There is new BH 2.1.1 for SE since yesterday
has been entirely rewritten and improved in the code for maximum stability and performance

has been entirely rewritten and improved in the code for maximum stability and performance

Not likely, It's still pretty much just a Vu+ stock OI image with a few BH plugins and customization's thrown in to make it look nice.

Sorry to sound dumb but what you mean by same quadrant ?

There are as the name suggests 4 quadrants.

Hi - Vertical
Hi - Horizontal
Lo - Vertical
Lo - Horizontal.

As long as the channel you want to record is on the same quadrant as the one you are watching, you should be able to record it.

There is new BH 2.1.1 for SE since yesterday

Cheers mate yes just found it myself..will give it a test.

Never heard of an LNB Quadrant perhaps thats why the official name is 'Band' as in 4 Frequency bands, it also helps with the naming of LNB's like KU-Band, C-Band, KA-Band.

Unless i missed something and the name changed

How do u know what channels are on the same quadrant?

How do u know what channels are on the same quadrant?

It's real simple..when you are recording a channel you will see in your channel list all un available channels greyed out..there is not that many channels viewable when recording one channel maybe 3 or 4.

Cheers mate yes just found it myself..will give it a test.

Okay I have installed the new Blackhole image on my Solo.S.E.Runs great everything works as it should..I had one big problem though and that was getting Ccam 2.30 to work..i must have spent a good 90 mins till eventually got it working and clearing and i always seem to have this problem when using Blackhole for some reason..I have installed Matrix HD skin which makes Blackhole bearable just...Having ran every available image for the solo se I am so Looking forward to OpenVix releasing their image,you can not beat the simplicity and ease of use that comes with openvix images..each to their own though.

Back