solderless mod chip

Brooksy

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have 1 of these chips fitted but it doesnt seem to be working is there anything i can do to fix it (the tray doesnt eject when it supposed to when swapping ?)

its a solderless 1 you just plug it into the inside of the ps2 where the eject ribbon goes and another ribbon. its 1 of those that you use a ar2 disc with .it used to work but now it doesnt .any ideas could it be the chip on the little circuit board you plug in .if so can it be reprogrammed or is it knackered

tezbro06 was the circut board insulated, if the psx has been moved recently it could have shorted out if it wasent fixed in a good position. ps, whats the code on the chip m8.

yes i have a action replay 2 .the chip which is on a little circuit board is the non solder modchip type .you just plug it into the inside of the console ..but when i try and eject for the swap trick the tray doesn not eject.. ..original games work fine no probs i just wondered if any of you brain boxes would know anything about the chip and why it is not working. benny59 i dont know the code on the chip... i would not know the first thing about reading them ..if you dont know which chip i mean i will have to take a pic of it and post it up????

the chip is about a year or so old i have had it working but my son has messed with it and now it dont

i mean the serial code on top of the chip, not the code thats inside it tezbro m8.

there is a large chip with 18 legs which says DVD-KEY(all+) and a smaller chip which is about 5mm square which as no writing on looks like it has been scraped off

did you fit the chip your self trezbrol06, it sounds like the chip to me m8, have you rechecked the connections on the psx + chip circut board with a circut tester.

yes i fit it myself took it out of ps2 now ps2 is working fine without it how can i test the chip board how do i go about it

check the circut board by eye first m8, any connections that look suspect resolder them,---now check the wireing{ribbon} comeing off the circut board by testing each connection from the board to the end of the ribbon with the tester, if you get a reading on all the connections then retry it in the psx, if it still doesent work then its one of the chips thats fu*ked.--- better to get a new chip

Back