So seriosuly what is going on with this box?!

Are the TM500/600 E1 boxes? Probably explains lack of update on those but last few updates for the TM800HD werent even worth posting lol, ViX team have the right idea, release an update like 2.3 then have a online update that sorts out the little niggles. I still stand by the one thing I favour about the TM800HD is the PQ is still IMO the best I have seen of all the boxes I have used.

Atleast there some activity in this section for once lol

In theory TM have not gone back on what they said, so there is still hope for 800 users.

They actually said they would get a finished 800 image once the twin was released, they also said the twin would not be released without a decent image.

But when so called 'iQ' team took over Richard said they would work non-stop on nothing but the TM-800 to get a final image out.

Also, by 'supposed' Dr Linux last time he made a show saying we'd see the big release in so many weeks - took it up until some time last July I believe (Rat will confirm)

So technically.... it's all bollox

Image quality is not any better than the Spiderbox IMO, infact it's kinda average.

Not had a Spiderbox but on my LG LED the PQ is better than my VU+ Duo but like I said thats just my opinion

There hasn't been an image released for the TM500/600 since August.

There will be no further support for these receivers?

the poor old tm500 didnt get an image, there was an iq image for tm500 super and tm600 (same image) but nowt for the plain old 500..

So have tm gone back on there refund offer?They did say anyone not satisfied could have a full refund at one point.

So have tm gone back on there refund offer?They did say anyone not satisfied could have a full refund at one point.

Yes it is definitely over I got in touch a couple of months ago and was advised to try and sell it private ....

Quote :-
Hi

Nothing has been decided for px yet.
as price of tm-800 now at £149 retail best way to sell yours privately
as a loyal customer you will get some discount when tm-twin available
at this moment is on sale until image is ready

Regards.
Richard

That option was a long time ago, and sure will have expired by now

Is that all you have to say Rickie, was it not you who was telling everyone to hang on just a little bit longer a fix will come I have been talkin to TM and there customer service is great I have been told its all in hand, sept, oct, nov, dec, now january 2012 and still nothing TM 800HD can now be had for 130 quid.

The only TM linux box that was refreshing (and working) was the tm9100 ! Anyway, My view on all this. TM is getting behind.....They should pinpoint on the closed receivers and add some good stable functionality like
- live satellite videostreaming from a tm60000/tm5402/tm7000 series
- Media player support with network sharing support NFS/CIFS/SAMBA and not by using an utily ....(thanx for that but well ... you can do better tm ?!!)
- Network sharing support on SATA built-in - USB attached storage
As an extra ?
- Skin support(wouldn't that be great !!!!!)
- USB wifi stick support, USB extra Card reader support
I would be happy witch that, wouldn't you ?

yeah should start indeed a new thread for this in closed TM section.

It is funny to say but a well known branch has brought this form of support for some years now ....

Is that all you have to say Rickie, was it not you who was telling everyone to hang on just a little bit longer a fix will come I have been talkin to TM and there customer service is great I have been told its all in hand, sept, oct, nov, dec, now january 2012 and still nothing TM 800HD can now be had for 130 quid.

As far as I am concerned as long as the 800 is a current model there is still hope

As for the refund option, some people must be seriously optimistic to think that would stand so long after the offer, and begs the question why it was not taken at the time of offer.

I dont have a magic ball, but from what I understand the 800 has not been forgotten, and we should see some developments after the twin oe release.

Which is why I keep regularly checking the forum to see if any updates have appeared

The only TM linux box that was refreshing (and working) was the tm9100

after being out for nearly 2 years, and then it was mainly thanks to the andromeda image from allsats team (which is still the best image for this receiver)

the 9100 also had hardware changes, and was re-released as the 9100Super (9101)

with EVERY linux receiver that TM has brought out, theres ONE common factor that creates their problems.........

Digi why do you think the Andromedia image is the best image? I am using the current image and love the fact i can use the recording and playback with no faults at all. I know there is features which are not working which is frustrating but at the moment this receiver is only useful for watching tv and recording etc and nothing else as the main features which people paid for to see working aint really,

Isn't Digi referring to the 9100 about the image? Or am I reading it wrong!!

Back