slipped disk

mickbrush

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all just wondering if anyone else on here has ever slipped a disk. I did mine on monday and have been in bed since then the doc says six to eight weeks before its sorted. I will probably be spending a lot more time in here. well at leaste the weather is crap so I am not missing the summer.

Not so much a slipped disc but 3 crushed discs and a damaged sciatic nerve! cost me 7 weeks out of work and 6 weeks physiotherapy, all because I lifted a 282 matsui tv on my own, shall not do that again!
Take it easy and do as you're told and all will be well.

I slipped on way back in November and am still recovering now, I was told it can take upto 4 years for a full recovery :( But get out of bed and stay mobile, I used to get round (Slowly) by hanging from door frames ect , the key is keep moving mate I know hopw much pain your in.

your back will never be the same again, it takes a long time to just get over the pain, and it is the worst pain ever, ( i only trapped a nerve in my back and couldnt move for 2 weeks ) a slipped disk is 10 times worse than what i had.

you will always be getting a warning from now on when your back is about to go. So take it easy.

as Dutcho says keep mobile , i know its painfull but its better than seizing up, and you will mend a lot quicker.

You may suffer from sciatica from now on in your legs.

I might sound a bit like its torture, and believe me it is.

you will need to strengthen your back up soon, i recommend getting one of those Pilates Balls, it will help in controling your posture when sitting.

And most important when lifting things from now on, bend your legs and use your legs to lift

No such thing as a slipped disc, its actually (posh eh) a prolapsed disc which means the cushioning gunge pushes out on to a nerve and its painful (speaking from experience)
I read it takes 12 weeks and thats what mine took to get better. It becomes sciatica if it pushes on to the sciatic nerve that goes down to the legs or in the neck it goes down the arms.
Time to catch up with all your films, reading etc.

7 weeks for me and still get twinges 5yrs down the line,keep the frozen peas handy and excercise if poss.

All those who complain about a"bad back" ain't had one until they've had the real mccoy.

Back