SlimLine PS2 not spinng

simonk1969

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've got a slimline PS2 but the drive is not spinning, I've removed the casing from the PS2 and checked all connections and everything appears to be fine. The spindle doesn't even appear to try and spin, no noise heard or felt, however if a apply some preasure to the top of the spindle, cheat the door senors and power it up most of the time it will spin up and work, doesn't take long for my finger to get a bit warm though !

I think my youngster might have been a bit too violent when remove a disk this morning !

I'm thinking that it's the motor ass that's faulty ?

Any advice gratefully appreciated..

I've got a slimline PS2 but the drive is not spinning, I've removed the casing from the PS2 and checked all connections and everything appears to be fine. The spindle doesn't even appear to try and spin, no noise heard or felt, however if a apply some preasure to the top of the spindle, cheat the door senors and power it up most of the time it will spin up and work, doesn't take long for my finger to get a bit warm though !

I think my youngster might have been a bit too violent when remove a disk this morning !

I'm thinking that it's the motor ass that's faulty ?

Any advice gratefully appreciated..

Anyone any ideas ?

got the same problem m8 wont spin or read discs when it tries to spin havent tried to sort it as my son has a ps3 now but will keep an eye on this post for help

could be the switch isnt actuating properly.
Laser could be knackered.
DVD Drive chip could ve popped, fuse blown.

Try holding down the two switches and putting in a psone game

I've final got around to doing something with this unit, I bought a new replacment laser/motor assembly but still have exactly the same problem. SO the laser has been replaced, the motor has been replaced. I've tested all the fuses on the board and they all meter out correctly.

So as it stands at the moment I can cheat both door switchs and the laser comes out and then returns back to the side but no attempt for the drive to spin. I've just tried it without a disk in and the laser moves up and down as well, but I can see no visible laser light. Should it be visible to the naked eye ?

Thanks
Simon

Back