Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

slim flashing help please

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
i just got a slim 250 gb and am looking to flash
the drive has been dumped by me i have all the files saved
the drive reports back in jf as a winbond/nex
i have been reading that it should say locked but cannot find that anywhere in jf
in vendor mode it says
ven id 0xef
device id 0x11
name winbond/nex
size 262144 bytes
types serial flash with status 0x72
now my question can this be flashed now or does it need the Kamikaze for lite-on or replacement board ?
kind regards

check this one m8

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would count the pins on the chip , as shown in the JF manual , as i have had a couple that have been out with the template , since counting the pins i haven`t had any mishaps :)

I always count the pins to. what I do is count pins mark each pin with red marker then ruler and join then together then use a solder pro 70 and slow burn a hole just make sure your sounds up on the computer
And don't worry about killing it to much as you can get unlocked pcbs on the bay for less than
or just get a replacement pcb and keep the original one to return to stock easier if you ever need to

sorry for late reply but i fecked it lol
had to order a pcb
what happened was that the tut i follwed said to intro the drive which i did but did not realize that where it says 0+8c is where you had to click to intro
i did get 0+00 but now the pcb says to return the mra switch and continue so i think it is knackered
thanks for the looking and help lads

Back