Sky TV on your Xbox 360

waynemcfc

Inactive User
Reaction score
xbox.com

The way you view television is set to change forever as Xbox announces an incredible deal bringing Sky TV to the Xbox 360.

The Sky Player, Sky TV’s online service, launches on Xbox LIVE this autumn, bringing with it a vast array of channels and programming that you can view live or on-demand. The ink is barely dry on the deal and we’re still finalising the full line-up, but you can reckon on accessing blockbuster movies, Premier League football, absorbing documentaries and the very best of music, the arts and must-see entertainment shows for all the family – all delivered direct to your Xbox 360 without the need for a satellite dish or any other kind of separate plug-in device. A broadband connection is all that’s required.

If you’re new to Sky prepare to be dazzled by the choice of live channels and premium content, all of which are available via a choice of subscription packages or on a pay-per-view basis. Existing Sky customers will enjoy the obvious benefits of having an alternative and, we might add, highly versatile way to enjoy their favourite shows.

We’re looking at exciting ways to enhance your Sky-viewing experience too, bringing some of the Xbox 360’s unique functionalities into the mix. In the case of Sky Sports football content we’re thinking real-time interactivity, with mates chatting LIVE about matches, instant results, fixture updates and such. We’ll bring you more news soon.

Likewise we’ll be back soon with full launch and pricing details. Meantime the future has well and truly arrived and the Xbox 360 has finally become that mythical device that sits underneath your TV, calmly and efficiently handling all your entertainment needs. If it later becomes possible to broadcast tea and a round of toast via broadband you can bet we’ll be all over it!

Have you seen all the new stuff for the 360...
MGS coming to 360
1080p movies, Sky, Facebook, Twitter, and Natal. Fook me looks good!
Natal could be good for rpg. Can't wait :)
Think I'll sell the ps3 now lol

The controllerless gaming seems very interesting ... that would revolutinaze gaming forever, imagine scoring a 30yard goal in FIFA or knocking out Ricky Hatton with a right hook

Metal Gear Rising - Woohoo!

Read it and weep PS3 Fanboys ;)

Another franchise jumping the sinking ship.

Hardly jumping witchy. lol. Its been exclusive for years, I bet MS paid a bomb for this franchise. None the less, will enjoy the new Kojima outing.

Hardly jumping witchy. lol. Its been exclusive for years, I bet MS paid a bomb for this franchise. None the less, will enjoy the new Kojima outing.

At the end of the day it probably all came down to Microsoft offering more cash to Konami to come to the 360 than Sony were willing pay to retain exclusivity.

It's all about the Dollar.

I think its basically porting their SkyPlayer which to XBOX 360 SkyPlayer streams over the internet, only got freesat so will probably wont ever get to test this myself.

Back