Sky noob, Help..

sgm1986

Inactive User
Reaction score
My Situation

k well basicly i had cable in my room for about 4yrs now! and as its N3 cnt get it anymore!!

i had sky for a year about 6yrs ago! n had a thompson DSI4212c with rev 6 remote n blue card.

so i hooked up the dish on the wall again in the same screw holes and it was in the same position as when i took it down.

now wen i connect that up i basicly the free to air channels as you would expect, and thats fine but with scart!

i got myself a Thompson DSI8215 160Gb with HDMI but came with no remote and a white card,

i did the backup thing at the start so it was a gud staring point, but now i get nothin at all sometimes i get 'no satalite signal is being recived 29' sometimes just a blue screen and sometimes the info box at the bottom saying 'schedule information not available'! & the dish is pluged into tuner 1.

----------------------------------------------------
Questions

now ive heard wen u setup the box it looks for two tuners and u have to use a remote to disable one of them to get it workin, but obviously i dnt have the remote yet to try but could this be why?

i also wanted to know if the dish i have from 6yrs ago and the Lnb is it? is ok for SkyHD box ?

the other thing is! do i have to move the dish cz its SkyHD box or should it still be ok as it picks up on the old box?

any help would be amazing as im a 2day sky noob :) :Fish:

---------------------------------------------------------
Other Stuff

why im here i dunno if its allowed but once im up and running how can i get like prem matches from channels abroad? do i buy a subscription to that channel and put the card in my sky box?

I can also be assisted by someone answering your question
BN.gif

Answers-
1) Yes, you will need a remote to go into the menu and adjust
2) Yes, a 6yr old dish will be fine for HD (as long as it isnt broken)
3) You should not need to move or retune the dish unless it has been altered from its original position
4) You cant with Sky equipment, best to read more in the sat sections to choose satellite equipment future purchases

Hope that helps you and others.

thanks for your help!, so u think the reason why i cnt get a picture is cz i cnt use the remote to disable the 2nd tuner?

Yes.
A skyhd box automatically defaults to 2 inputs. If you only connect 1 you have to change the menu to this, or you get 'no signal' message.

do i stck the dish in tuner 1 or tuner 2?

then i go to service 001 Select

turn single mode on

system turns off

then nothin happens?? should it reboot on its own?

Last edited:
Back