Sky launch dedicated F1 channel

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sky Sports launch dedicated F1 channel - Sky Sports F1 HD | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Sky Sports will cover Formula One in the UK in 2012 by way of a new dedicated channel: Sky Sports F1 HD.

Sky agreed a deal to broadcast every race from next season back in July, with the move angering British fans used to Formula One being available on free-to-air television. While the BBC will show live coverage of only 10 races as it scales back its coverage, Sky Sports' managing director Barney Francis says that the new channel - to be launched in March - will allow it to cover the sport in its full depth.

"Formula 1 followers are hungry for more and we want to give them the ultimate experience. It's not just every minute of every race but a channel devoted to Formula 1," Francis said. "We can now tell the whole story of the season, from every Grand Prix, from start to finish. Formula 1 will get the full Sky Sports treatment.

"We have big plans for live shows and a rich line-up of Formula 1 programmes; getting to the drivers, exploring the technology and lapping up the drama. With a dedicated channel for Formula 1 we can also give all sports fans the depth and breadth of sports they demand every weekend, right through the year."
© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

oh dear, i hope it doesnt cost more for this channel. i am on cable so probably wont be receiving it bummer.

i hope so because im not getting sky installed just for f1, if needs be will download the race from news groups watch it next day.

i think it is extended highlights and they will be available on the iplayer. if it doesnt come to cable im gunna look for a foreign fta feed. we are the only ones with f1 on paytv im lead to beleive .

your always welcome round my house to watch it chaps :)

just bring some beers :drink::drink::drink:

ill supply the food :Drool: :)

Back